10 - Percy

For the next week, Annabeth just stays home while I sort out my college classes. I start in a few weeks, and Annabeth is excited. At least. she acts like she is.

I'm kinda worried. What if something happens to her, or the babies? What of I'm not there for her? What if she needs help with something?

Hazel says she'll help and go check on her daily, and I'm hoping that's enough. I don't want anyting to happen to her.

I woke up a little late this morning, and Annabeth was up by the time I was awake. She had already made breakfast, and I felt kinda bad.

"Morning," I say to her.

She smiles. "Morning."

"How'd you sleep?"

She groans. "Freaking crappy."

I put an arm around her waist from behind. "They're not even born and they already give you a hard time sleeping."

She laughs. "What are you doing today?"

"I'm just gonna go explore the city. You still meeting Magnus in town today?"

She sighs. "Yeah. I hope he's happy, and doesn't freak out too much."

"Magnus? Freak out? Never!"

She laughs again and turns in my grip. I keep one arm around her waist and place a hand on her stomach, feeling faint movements against my palm. I smile move my hands in circles over Annabeth's stomach.

"That tickles, Seaweed Brain," she complains.

"Oh, does it?" I remark, continuing.

She laughs. I feel a little kick on my hand and I laugh too.

"Did you feel that?" She asks.

I nod. "I'm gonna bet that one is a girl."

"Uh, I'm gonna bet that it's not."

"Oh, really? And what makes you so sure?"

"My mother instincts tell me it was a boy."

"Yeah, well my father instincts tell me it was a girl."

"Okay, fine. I can't wait to see the look on your face when they're both girls."

"We'll see about that."

She gives a final laugh and her smile slowly subsides. She looks down and presses her forehead to my chest.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It just..." she looks back up at me. "It's just that this is all so... scary. Like, in a few months, we're gonna be parents, and it's just-"

She stops. I push a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I know it's scary," I assure her. "But it's gonna be okay. I promise."

She nods. "Yeah, I know. It's just easy to let the bad things get to your head."

I smile. "I'm sure all first time parents go through it."

She laughs. "Yeah."

Her phone buzzes and her eyes go wide when she looks at it.

"I need to go," she says as she rushes out the door. "Bye! Love you!"

And she slams the door.

So much for love you too.