9 - Annabeth

Percy and I completely finish packing the day before we leave. We don't have much, so it was easy to pack and put in Percy's Jeep.

We put the final box in and I'm winded. My stomach has been cramping lately, so it's harder to get things done.

Percy places a hand on my arm. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I assure him. "Just tired. Didn't sleep much last night."

"I know. You kept rolling over and kicking me."

"Sorry."

He laughs. "It's fine. You should go relax. Put some sweatpants on or something and read."

"You sure you don't need my help for anything?" I ask.

"Packing's done. I ordered pizza for dinner. Emergency ice cream in the freezer. I think we're good."

I laugh and go back inside. We head back up to the apartment and I go into the bedroom to change while Percy takes a seat on the couch.

I pick out a comfortable spaghetti-strap tank top and sweat pants and change into them. But the second I take my shirt off, my heart nearly stops from what I see.

Even from my reflection in the mirror, I can see a bump sticking out from my gut, which was only a little visible through my shirt, but I thought I was hillucinating.

I run my hand over it and try to get used to the feeling a bit. It's kinda weird. I wasn't supposed to be showing for at least another week or two. I've never been fat before. I've always weighed under 130 pounds. (Yes, that's notmal in my family. Do you have a problem?)

I continue to stare in astonishment until Percy enters the room.

"Hey," he asks, "have you seen my-"

He cuts himself off and looks at me staring in the mirror. "Oh, gods, Annabeth, I-"

"It's weird," I cut him off. "It's weird feeling fat. It's weird knowing there's something growing inside of you. It's weird knowing that I'm going to have children. It's all just... weird."

Percy sighs. "I know. It's weird for me, too."

He strides across the room and stands behind me, wraping an arm around me to feel my stomach. After a minute, he sighs in my ear. "Annabeth, I need to tell you something."

My heart races. I turn to face him. "Is something wrong?"

"Well," he runs a hand through his hair, "it really depends on what you mean by 'wrong.'"

My mind races. Is he having second thoughts? Is he leaving? Is he mad? Does he still think the baby's not his?

"Finish changing," he instructs me. "We'll finish talking when you're comfortable."

He kisses my forehead and excuses himself from the room. I finish changing, as instructed, and then continue to stare into the mirror for a little longer. I can see my bump through my tank top and it makes me a little insecure. I feel odd, and kind of lopsided.

I finish spacing and sit next to Percy on the couch in the living room. "What's wrong?"

He takes my hand. "Rachel told me something before we left."

I gulp. "What did she say?"

He shifts in his seat. "There was a prophecy. I don't know it's for this specific case, but... it might."

I sit up straight. "I'm listening."

He takes a deep breath and recites:

"The twins of water and the wise,
New hero's legacy begins to rise.
One is chosen, the other unknown,
Thrown upon an ancient throne.
Peace and love are given with cheers,
But soon be taken in elder years."

Unexpectedly Expecting (Previously Known As Unexpected)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें