Epilogue (Final Part)

Proposing?

Marriage?!

This is insane!

I don't even know how I feel at the moment. I'm a mixture between confused, worried, excited, and nervous. This is not a good mixture. I feel terrible at the moment. I feel like I'm about to faint or something and I have absolutely no idea why.

It's even worse because I can't even talk to my Mum about the problem because it's her party, and also because it's about David's proposal. I want to speak to Logan but he's far too drunk. Mind you, he seemed like he was capable of having a deep conversation with David earlier.

The boys guide me into my bedroom, and David rushes over to my window to swing it wide open. We realised we'd have to walk through everybody if we wanted to go in the back garden, so I decided to settle for my bed, as the bathroom we were all squeezed into was getting smaller by the second.

The wind from outside slowly makes its way round my bedroom, instantly calming my nerves. Logan sits down next to me on the bed and places his hand on my thigh, whereas David just perches on the window ledge.

"How you feeling?" Logan asks, full of concern.

"Yeah" I nod. "I'm... okay..."

"I think this is the first time I've ever seen you speechless" Logan smiles proudly, glancing over at David to praise him. David and I shake our heads in amusement. It's true, I'm still unable to even strike up a conversation right now.

I let out deep breath, "So you want to marry Mum?"

Let's start there shall we?

"Yeah" he simply says.

"I know we're new to all this, Meg, but that's kind of where proposing leads to" Logan says, ever so patronisingly.

"Well you better not be proposing anytime soon" I snap. I'm having this reaction over David wanting to propose to my Mum... Imagine if Logan was to propose to me. I think I would genuinely die.

"Of course not" he frowns. "Do you see me with a defibrillator?"

I let out a small chuckle knowing that me going into cardiac arrest is definitely likely if Logan ever decides to propose.

"Look, Megan" David interrupts. "Proposing to your Mum is just a way of me showing my commitment to her. Marrying her is another story. It could be in the next six months or the next six years, okay? All I want to do is prove to your Mum that I love her and will be there for her through every step of the rest of her life"

Aww, David!

"This is just strange to me. I'm only just used to the fact she's dating you. Marriage is so much different" I explain. I mean, I'm absolutely thrilled. I just wasn't expecting this at all, and the fact David is sort of asking my permission really means the world.

"I know" he nods. "I'm sorry for falling in love with your Mum"

This makes me smile. He really does love her. I really look up to him, and my Mum obviously loves him too. He's a good man in both our lives so I can't see how this could go wrong.

It's just such a huge step in my life. I've gone 17 years without a Dad and now I kind of feel like I have one. Oh god, this just feels weird. But what scares me most is that I kind of like it...

"I need to make sure you're one hundred percent comfortable with this before I get down on one knee" he smiles.

I let out a groan, "I'm really happy but my emotions are crazy right now"