67- the singer

"never love a singer,

because they shower you with the sweetest kind of love.

they'll sing you a song to make you fall asleep, and then stroke your hair as your eyes flutter close.

they'll make tunes, tunes that involved your erratic heartbeat, which was produced only when you were with them.

they'll sing with so much passion, your eyes fill with tears, you won't be able to listen to another voice without thinking of their nightingale-like one.

you'll fall in love with the expressions on their face as they strain their throat to loudly profess their love for you in a million different words.

you'll also fall in love with how their eyes look for yours, even in a huge crowd, as they hit every single note, their eyes scream 'this is for you' as a tiny smile finds its way on their face.

you'll be with them, as they fill endless music sheets, all about you, then kiss them every single time they finish a word.

you'll never forget their voice in bed, the most beautiful gasp, the most beautiful grunt, the song that you want on repeat every single dawn,

they'll break records with songs written about you, but slowly break your heart too.

then they'll pretend they're the one with the broken heart, and sing sad songs that do nothing for your already broken soul.

they'll stop looking for your eyes in the crowd, instead, they'll drink in all the applause.

never love a singer,

because their voice is just as beautiful as they sing as when they say goodbye."

-k.v.