Chapter 9

First girl that didn't fall for me.

A few minutes passed and I ended up calling my mom complaining about the conditions but she just hanged up. I took off my contact lenses and placed my black D&G designer glasses on my face I placed my contact lenses case in my messenger bag. I took the money that my mother gave me before leaving thinking of what to do with it. I placed it inside my brown wallet and only took 10,000.000 YEN hiding the wallet behind one of the cupboards in the kitchen I picked up my messenger bag with crisp, an ipod touch and a book. I wrapped the bags around my shoulders and took the keys from the coffee table locking the doors behind me. I knocked on the number four door that was on the right hand side but after a few minutes no one answered. I took a stroll down the avenue and saw a market near by, popping in my ear phones into my ears and completely ignoring the whole world. I reached the market place after five minutes, and judged the fruits carefully. I went to the cash exchange and placed the 10,000.000 YEN down and asked to put it into small cashes and some coins. I placed the notes into my other wallet and placed the coins into my trousers pockets, the remaining notes stayed at the back pockets of my trousers and the wallet was carefully placed into my bag. I headed down to the market and examined the red apples once again.

"Sir 5 red big juicy apples for only 100 YEN"

"I'll take it." I placed 5 red fine apples on to the red and white stripy plastic bags and payed the man 100 YEN.

"Wow this place is cheap." I whispered to myself.

I took the shopping bag off old the man and smiled at him, whilst skipping around- well not completely...Of course. I looked at the market after walking a few centimeters or meters away from the fruit shop. I went inside and began to buy drinks that would last for awhile and tooth paste along with tooth brushes, shampoo, soap once I got into the counter they asked for 700 YEN and I gave them the coins. I carried out the white un-see through bag and hurried out, I looked left and right and ran to the other side of the road and entered a girl shop. The shop was filled with dazzling pink and glitters a girl went up to me and asked what I'm looking for but too be honest I don't know what I'm looking for. I looked around the room and spotted stuff toys. Walking towards it and the lady trailed around me, I picked out a cute cup cake stuff toy examining it carefully.

"Stuff toy like that are very popular these days."

"They're only 1000 YEN but for you I'll give it 750 YEN."

"I'll buy it."

We both headed to the counter and I asked her if she could wrap the stuff toy I gave out a 1000 YEN to pay for the wrappings and took off without a goodbye. I began to march to the right when suddenly bumping into a girl...drooling over the stuff toy that was on stand by... the same stuff toy as the one I brought.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She brushed off a spec of dust and stood up, I looked at the books that was on the floor...well manga books actually, I picked them up and brushed the dust of them, before standing up completely I saw her knee bleed.

"Your knee's bleeding." I pointed out.

I grabbed her hand along with my shopping bags and the manga book to the closest medical shop, after awhile we both headed to the nearest park bench and I cleaned her cut with the medicine she twitched a few times making me lose a little bit of my temper I applied the bandage on top of the cut reducing the infection.

"Thank you..." She muttered

"No prob. I'm Rei-"

"Rika-desu." She said with a smile.

I passed her the manga book called "Death note volume 1" she placed the manga book inside the white plastic bag. I placed my right hand against the metal tapping it slightly; awkward I thought to myself.

"Are you new here?"

"Yeah, just moved, How'd you know?"

"First of all, you went to a girl shop; NO guy ever goes to that shop. Secondly you dress quite smart."

I gave out a small laugh and looked at the sky.

"Hey, do you know where I could buy kitchen items? E.g plates."

"Yeah,"

She suddenly stood up and told me to follow her; we made our way into the shopping centre and took the escalators she grabbed on to my cardigan and pulled me to the shop. We both scanned the place, trying to find what I was looking for. I went up to one of the workers and asked them where I can find plates that's shaped as a square, Rika and I stalked the lady down the room carrying our plastic bags and after two minutes of walking the lady pointed at the left corner and told us that we'll find what we're looking for in that corner. Rika and I both hurried off to the plate & other silvery section, I picked up a white square plate with a flower pattern and placed it into an empty basket that I found in the corner. She placed a matching glass into the basket and I took a silvery knife, fork, and spoons. Four of every single items that I picked up.

"Is that it?" she questioned.

"Yeah...I guess."

We both headed down to the nearest cashier, I placed all the items to the counter and we both watched her scan it placing each boxes into the plastic bag.

"3,995 YEN please sir,"

I passed on two notes making 4,000 YEN, took the receipt and the bag from her a bid her good bye.

"Stationeries?"

"Yeah."

I dragged my feet behind her and searched the entire building.

"Kind of worn out, but the people here isn't that bad." I whispered to myself whilst looking at girls talking near the escalator. A girl caught my eye so I just smiled at her, a smile that no one can resist. In no time I was surrounded by girls before even reaching the stationery store.

"Ne- Can we get your number? ONEGAI!"

"0090945678245"

Rika waved at me and pointed at the shop, I adjust my glasses and placed my index and middle finger to my lips and against a stranger making her faint to her friends arms.

"Bye little kittens" I waved back. Heading to Rika.

"Your popular already..."

"Hmm... You jealous?"

"Why would I be?"

"I like someone already." She added.

"Eh? Is there a chance for me? Or is he too good?" I asked curiously with hint of flirt.

"No, he's too good." She answered proudly.