Chapter 30

I like you. I love you. I hate you. I dislike you. PART II

I cried that whole night trying to forget about Rei, there was so much confusion in my heart. The more I try to forget about Rei the more I think about him, and when I try not to think about him he’s in my head, there’s no way I could escape this; unless of course-. I shook the thought of suicide away from my head how am I going to face him? Should I just give up. Maybe go to my grandfather’s house for a week, and practice there. But it’ll be so troublesome if I don’t eat properly, since I can barely cook, that’s why I usually eat when Rei’s gone. He seriously isn’t my childhood friend. My sister probably picked up a guy form the street and dressed him up like that so she doesn’t have to travel to that place. Maybe I should call my father, for to go to a trip since Ryu-chan gave me a phone. I went threw my blazer pocket and picked up a ruby red wooo h0001 phone, my jaws dropped on the floor with such amaze in my eyes that was enough for my eyes to sparkle. I pinched myself to check whether I was dreaming but I still found the phone in front of me. The phone was so slim and it was probably brand new because it still had those fresh smell and still very shiny. I flipped the phone open and dialled the number one.

“Moshi moshi?” The other end answered.

“I would like to get through to America.” I gave them the number and waited for five seconds for me to get direct to my father.

“Moshi-moshi?”

“Otousan?”

“Rika-chan?”

As soon as he mentioned my name I felt protected a sudden relief that surrounded me.

“Are you okay?”

“Hai.”

“What do you want for your birthday?”

“You to come home?”

“For you princess, I’ll come home.”

“Honto?”

“Hai Hime-sama”

The call ended after 10 minutes of talking, maybe it’s time I cut my hair, I shook of the image of cutting my hair that I’ve been growing for years and years already and embraced myself with happiness. I wanted to jump up and down. Tell the world about my father coming home, I wanted to tell everyone, then maybe just maybe they’ll start to back off, I’m quite glad Rei came today and two weeks before this day, if only he was the one that saved me from those ungrateful, thinking about them made me flinched in furry. I stood up from the floor it was probably 19:20 because there’s less people in the play ground and sparkling stars are slowly appearing in the midnight sky. I made my way through the corridor and into 2-A home room class room, the number two is for second year and the A is for top student it goes up to D. I pushed the slide door open when I suddenly saw Ryu asleep on my desk, I was relief I wasn’t alone, that I could talk to someone about the event today. I grabbed another chair to face him, he’s hair fell gracefully on his face, quite long eye lashes, bold shoulders relaxed. I gave out a satisfying long sigh that made Ryu wake up.

“Gomen.”

“Rika!” He rose up from my chair and jumped on hugging me, I pat his back gently. His warm embrace was different from the day he hugged me after saving me. Ryu’s hug was more---gentle, I shook of the feeling that it wasn’t him that saved me and freed him from my arms he picked up my bag and we both headed out departing the school buildings. I felt someone rustling behind us, making me turn in temptation. He looked back with me but we both spot no one.

“If I was gone for a week to get strong what would you do?”

“Nothing- It’s your choice. I mean if you mean it now, It’ll be okay because all we’ll do next week is practice for sports day. Just because you’re the school president that doesn’t mean you can’t take a break right?”

“Hmm- True.”

“Are you free tomorrow? I want to go somewhere with you.”

“Yeah I’m free- I guess I’ll just go in the afternoon right?” I gave a small smile out. He wrapped he’s arms around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him, making my heart thump and my head hurt with confusion.

“Why did you kiss my sister?”

He looked at me with guilt all over his face; I gave out a smile so he won’t feel that guilty, he’s the only friend I have. Since everyone turned away from me, I did miss the old days but hey everything happens with a reason.

“Are you that concerned?”

“Well- yes-but-“

“A kiss is just a kiss, unless you mean it. Just like age, it’s just numbers, why does it bother you that much?”

“Bec-“

He interrupted me with a kiss just like Rei did, the moment I closed my eyes for this kiss was the moment I started hoping, imagining, wishing that it was Rei.

He backed away placing his hands on both my shoulders. “Rika- I like you.”

“I like you too.”

“More than a friend?”

“The reason why I gave you that ring is a confession-a symbol of my love. A ring has no beginning and has no end. I want to be with you forever, the moment I had to leave you because of my father was the most things I regretted in my life, my heart was aching, the distance was miles and miles, but it wasn’t enough for me to forget you. Every time I see you with someone else my heart fills up with jealousy. The way you hang out with Rei annoys the living day light out of me. My heart nearly leaped out into the ground when you slapped him in the amusement park, it seemed like it gave me a chance to have you. But right after that you left me stranded in the amusement park saying you don’t feel well. Even just for a day date me. Even if you’re using me I won’t care. Just to be with you and hold you in my arms is enough to make my heart leap out of joy.” He continued.

I stared at him blankly in shock and recovered after a minute.

“Sorry- I went over the top.” He smiled.

I gave out a smile making him blush slightly.

“You really like me that much?”

“Yes, ever since I met you in the first year ceremony. That’s the reason why I sat next to you. You were smart, beautiful the most perfect girl that ever walked in my life.”

“Trial date? Starting when we- I come back.”

He gave out a small smile and walked backwards his eyes sparkles in happiness just like a cute puppy. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and every step we take the same rustling comes form behind.

“Rei-chan!”

“Rei?” I questioned myself.

Ryu and I both turned in a slight surprise way and took a glimpse and Rei’s new 'girlfriend’ they both hugged each other like a real couple and Rei snogged her, placing his arms around her waist and caressing her hair. Ryu pulled me closer to his chest and gave me a quick peck and smiled.

“Shall we go?”

“Since we have a DATE tomorrow.” He made the word 'date' bold and clear for both of them to hear. Then I realized he was saving me from being jealous too much, he knew that I like Rei, but he still wants to go out with me. The word date made Rei and that girl turn to face us interrupting their 'passionate’ kiss, I caught a glimpse of Rei with anger on his face, his fist was perfectly rolled into a perfect ball ready to attack someone in surprise.

“Maybe we should go on a double date?” The girl announced.

“Yeah great idea.” Rei agreed with a smirk on his face.

“Sure.” Ryu accompanied her.

What the hell is Ryu doing?

“What time should we go?” Ryu added.

“10?”