e i g h t e e n

Chapter 18: I'm in love with my best friend's brother

I've started to realize that Vince and I had no status. We weren't exactly together, since he didn't say anything about it, but we did like each other. A lot. Or maybe it was only me.

And now here I was, standing in a pile of clothes, unsure of what to wear for the date. That's right, we're going on a date. Vince and I. Alone. Together. With no Summer nor Zak.

Well shit.

Chelsea was over, currently frustrated on the bed as we fought over what to wear even though I was going to be the one wearing it.

Summer was on her way back home, and I wondered if she was going to kill me for this mess. After all, this was her room.

I opted for a black mid-thigh dress that had laced-sleeves and reached till my wrists to keep me warm but Chelsea had a different opinion.

She wanted me to wear a floral dress that was short-sleeved and was also mid-thigh, but with the weather this chilly at night, I wasn't sure if I was keen on it.

Chelsea told me to wear black leggings underneath, but I decided to go with the dress I originally wanted to wear and smirked as she pouted and sulked.

I placed the dress onto my body without going to the bathroom since Chelsea and I have been friends for a long time.

Wringling the black leggings on as well, I topped off the outfit with a brown belt to stand out and a pair of black boots.

I looked at myself in the full length mirror and sighed.

Vince was meeting me at the venue, says there's a surprize there waiting for me. I couldn't help wonder what, but he had placed a letter on the desk, along with a fifty dollar bill for the ride to the venue.

The letter read: Hello beautiful. Here's some cash for the taxi that's already been re-booked so it'll be there at 7 p.m. Wear whatever you please:) See you later

-Vince

Of course it was extremely cheesy and cliche, but it didn't stop the butterflies, or frogs, to do it's job. Just in time, Summer barges in and gasped when she looked at me.

"You look... You look..." she couldn't seem to finish her sentence, and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. Oh god. I knew it. I looked weird in dresses.

Oh no. This can't happen. I've got ten minutes till the taxi comes, I've got no time to change.

"Weird? I knew i-" Summer cut me short by shaking her head from left to eight vigorously.

"You look beautiful! If I were gay, and didn't have a boyfriend, I'd definitely be in love with you," she teased, winking.

Summer was more than okay with Vince and my relationship. She was jumping in joy when I told her what had happened. She thought it was cliche, which was contradicting since she loved the idea of us being together so much.

She pictured it as a 'I'm in love with my best friend's brother' book which is sort of true. I guess.

She couldn't stop squealing for twenty whole minutes.

"Thanks," I blushed, my cheeks and neck suddenly burning at her indirect compliment.

I straightened out the dress and moved side to side to observe myself in the mirror. Hopefully, Vince wouldn't mind me dressing up like so.

Vince didn't say anything about wearing something nice or normal, so I wasn't sure as to where we were going.

Was this counted a date? Even though he didn't declare it as it is. I hoped it was. But something else in me hoped it wasn't.

Two honks blasted through the house and Summer and Chelsea looked at each other before grinning like Chashire Cats and clapping like mad women.

They pushed me down the stairs like I was a ball of bubble wrap and I surprized myself by not falling in these Doc Martens. Normally when I'm in a hurry, I'm bound to trip and fall.

The taxi driver had his hand out of the rolled down window, and I got shoved by both of them before wincing as they slammed the door shut.

As soon as the driver saw me - probably got his attention from the slammed door - he straightened up and gave me a tight smile.

"So where are we going?" I asked, fingers crossed hoping he'd tell me.

I'm no good at surprizes. I don't like what they lead to at times. But maybe this could be something romantic. Something so thrilling my Doc Martens would fall off somehow.

"I'm sorry I can't tell," he grinned.

He seemed to be the old grandfather that would tell their grandsons words of wisdom when he's got his heart broken by a girl in preschool.

He had a white moustache with strands on grey hair stuck here and there. He was losing his hair, what from the grey strands of hair plastered on his thin black mob.

"Please? I'll give you a tip," I prompted.

"No-can-do miss, the mister who's hired me has given me a tip you might not be able to top for not telling you," he said.

Vince had really thought this through, hadn't he?

With this small talk with the driver, I hadn't realized we were already on the move. Fairy lights were already streaming from lamp post to lamp post as it was near December.

It was already dark, which made the streets look much better than it looks in the day. We passed a busy-looking mall and I wondered where we were going. I've never seen this part of this town before. Maybe Supernatural is to blame for that.

Business men and women were walking around with formal clothing, while groups of girls laughed along with their friends with shopping bags at hand. Couples swayed their hands back and forth as they walked down the lighted streets.

We soon passed that mall and now it was awfully quiet. Terribly thoughts started to enter my mind as I looked out at the graffiti walls and dark alleys.

Oh my god, he's going to kidnap me. Then rape me - possibly - oh god. No.

Why? I don't want this to hap-

My thoughts soon were interupted by a gorgeous sight. Lanterns filled with small, tea-light candles scattered around the abandoned patch of grass. A picnic mat designed like a checkered flannel was thrown across the grass with a basket on top. Beside it seemed to look like a cereal box, and the excitement bubbled up in me. If he had brought Fruitloops to what I think was a picnic, I think I was going to cry.

In fact, I could already feel the tears of joy pricking my eyes.

This is way too much.

Vince stood at the side with a white button-up and jeans, topping it all off with a pair of black Vans.

And all I could place my head around was how much effort Vince had put into this.

☻☻☻☻☻

Author's Note: have a good day ahead and for those late sleepers, go to sleep!

thank you so much for reading and the next chapter will be up real soon.

i hope:)