f o u r t e e n

Chapter 14: I sure as hell enjoyed it

The stars shone out in the navy blue canvas that blanketed the sky. They were like little jems, twickling to shine out. The cresent moon shone like a silver piece in a galaxy of stars, just doing whatever moons do.

Vince and I stayed silent throughout the whole car ride, and I'm starting to think that that's something normal.

However, every once in a while he'd turn around to look at me with concerned eyes, before finally placing his gaze back onto the road.

Having Vince's eyes on me made me feel a little self-conscious, even though I knew all he was doing was checking if I was okay.

The house appeared and the car stopped as Vince stepped on the brake.

Though we've reached, none of us seemed to get out. It was as if we were waiting for someone to make a move, either to speak or just do something.

I turned to Vince with a raised eyebrow, as if to ask why we weren't getting out.

Vince looked at me for a little while, before hanging his head low and sighing.

I continued staring at him for above five seconds before deciding to leave this compressed vehicle.

Before I could even get my foot out, I heard Vince cuss under his breath and his hand was on my elbow.

He spun me around and I expected him to tell me something he had forgot to say.

But all I was greeted with was his lips.

His lips were like Fruitloops; sweet and it made me crave for more. They weren't crunchy like Fruitloops though, they were soft and lushious. His breath fanned my lips and my eyelids started to fall even without my permission and control.

My stomach was now filled with millions and billions of butterflies. I think it was unhealthy. They fluttered their wings about in my stomach, completely ignoring the gross-looking digested food and juices that should be inside.

My heart soared like fireworks, better than the Fourth of July. If the inside of my heart could be seen, it'd put people who set Fourth of July fireworks to shame.

My veins were now filled with electric currents instead of blood.

And as all good things come to an end, Vince pulled away from the kiss and left the car almost immediately without another word.

I stared at his retracting body in shock. After that kiss, all he does is walk away.

I don't know about him but I sure as hell enjoyed it.

And the fact that I enjoyed it that much scared me. And maybe, just maybe, I like Vince.

I probably didn't though.

---

It's been two days since Vince and I shared the kiss and we've not spoken a word to each other. He's been staying in his room way more often now, and I'm starting to wonder if he's avoiding me. If he's not at his job, then he's cooped up in his room doing god knows what.

He must've went back to his car after the kiss to lock it up because I heard the front door open that night and a little weird sound cars usually make when they're being locked up.

Zak and I haven't been talking much either.

He's working a lot more now, working hard for a promotion to be the General Manager I think. Or maybe he's already got it, but is working more because of te work that's for him, who knows?

Summer was currently out with her boyfriend - Taylor on a date so I had the whole house to myself.

Green Day was blasted throughout the house and I jumped around and about like a hooligan. A big bowl of Fruitloops were on the coffee table, and ever so often I'd grab a handfull and stuff them into my mouth.

An unfamiliar ring started to echo through the house and I knew it wasn't from the song that was currently playing.

I paused the song on iTunes and listened out for the ring again. Not hearing anything, I proceeded to press play again, but before my finger reached the button, the doorbell rang.

Heading to the door, I was greeted by Cameron, the guy who had given me the box of retrieved items from the fire.

He was grinning from ear to ear, worse than the Cashire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. I stared at him with a raised eyebrow. I tried not to be rude or anything, but wasn't it a little unproffessional to remember customers' addresses? Even though he's not an actual mailboy.

"Cameron? What's brought you here?" I asked, curiosity leaking through every word.

"I know it's unproffessional whatsoever," he spoke, as if reading my mind, "but are you free?"

"Uhm," I turned around to look at the bowl of Fruitloops qnd the laptop, "I guess I am."

"Great!" his face lit up like a kid of Christmas day, "care to take a walk?"

"Sure," I shrugged and grabbed the spare key that Summer had given me.

I don't know what had possessed me to go out with Cameron, but surely I needed to leave the house. Other than going to school, all I've been doing is watching re-runs of Friends and 2 Broke Girls, needing something to lift my spirits after finding out the shocker news.

"So, what's up?" he asked, shoving his fists into his pocket.

"Nothing much, justs being a lazy person at home," I smiled, "what's up with you?"

"I've been finding the courage to come visit you for quite some time," he said shyly.

"Why?"

"I... don't know," he said unsure.

"Oh."

Somehow it didn't seem awkward, Cameron just seemed to be a very cool person, and after a while of walking aimlessly around the block, I've come to a conclusion that he'd make a very cool gay best friend. Even though he wasn't gay, he had the traits; funny, sassy and completely fashionable.

He wore a pair of jeans as winter was soon coming in a few weeks time, and a white tee-shirt under his leather jacket. To top if off, he had camouflage Vans on, adding a little color to the whole outfit. His hair was styled into a quiff skillfully, making it look like he took forever to do his hair. I didn't care about my hair honestly. It was in a messy - very messy bun on top of my hair with streaks of dirty blond falling by the side of my face. I wore a pair of black leggings with a white Walt Disney Productions jumper, keeping me warm and cozy.

Just as we were walking along the pavement, with Cameron ever so often kicking away little pebbles as he walked, a car rolled up and stopped.

The window rolled down and soon showed a very pissed-looking Vince and a smirking Summer in the passenger seat.

Shit.

☻☻☻☻☻

Author's Note: damn! a little day out with Cameron;) hope you guys liked the chapter.

i'll be on vacation for about eight days so updates might not be very regular as i'm not sure how the wifi will be. however, i am trying to write another two chapters before i go on vacay. so if my updates aren't regular, please bare with me. sorry guys!

so what did you think of this chapter?:)