t w o

Chapter 2: She's a little boy-crazed

Zak drove me to school today. But I wasn't quite sure as to how I was going to get home. Of course, I'd only thought about this when Zak dropped me off.

"Zak?" I asked as he picked up the phone.

"Mr Waldorff is currently not available. Who's speaking?" a monotoned voice asked.

"His sister, Lyssabelle Waldorff. Get him to call me back, thanks."

I hung up without a nothing word, feeling a little rude but at the same time annoyed.

Would Chelsea be able to send me home?

"Lyss!"

Speak of the devil.

"Hey Chels," I smiled at my best friend.

"So, what's up?"

"Not much, other than the fact that my house burnt down and I'm living with strangers," I rolled my eyes, bracing myself for a long story to be told.

"What?!" she shrieked, grabbing my elbows and putting me into a halt.

Ah, yes. I didn't tell my best friend about the house. Cue the story-telling.

"Long story short, I was making a bowl of soup - should've went with Fruitloops though - and well I looked away only for like a second, then bam. Fire. So I grabbed my phone, wallet and a box and headed out. Then Megan - you know Megan right?"

"Yes, now go on!"

"Well she found a place for us to stay for awhile, and so happens to be these two siblings, almost like Zak and I as well. We both don't have parents and somehow Megan knows them, she's their aunt I think. Anyways, they allowed us to stay over."

"How old are they?" Chelsea raised her eyebrows.

"The girl, Summer, is my age and the guy, Vince is I think about two years older? I'm not sure though," I shrugged as we walked down the hallway.

"Oh my god! Is he cute?"

Of course Chelsea would ask that. Suffice to say, she's a little boy-crazed.

Or maybe a lot.

Then again, she was extremely gorgeous with her brown eyes and blonde hair. Her amazing body figure definitely attracted almost every boy in school. She's really popular, and she liked it. There were pros and cons for being her friend, but people recognized me as Chelsea's anti-social-friend-who-gives-no-shit-about-popularity. And that, was true.

"Kinda," I blushed and looked down at my shoes Summer lent me. Lucky for me, we're the same size everything, a little coincidental but it's true.

"Oh god. You have to let me come over sometime!"

"I can't, it's not my house."

"Aww man! Could you try?" Chelsea pouted, puller her best puppy-dog-eye look.

"Don't do that," I whined and looked away.

It's not my house, I couldn't invite my friends over. I already felt like I was intruding them. I would feel that way. But then again, I don't know. We have almost the same circumstances, however their house didn't burn down.

"C'mon!"

"It's not my house Chels, I can't, okay? Drop it," I sighed and continued walking.

"Fine," she grumbled.

"Oh could you send me home? Zak's not able to and the current house I'm living in isn't exactly near," I explained, fingers crossed.

"I've got cheer practice, sorry babe."