t h r e e

Chapter 3: Joey Tribbiani is life

The ticking of Summer's wall clock could be heard in the quiet darkness. With the quietness, the ticking appeared loud, like it was right beside my head, making it hard for me to fall asleep.

Summer's light snore could also be heard, as I groaned inwardly, suddenly jealous that she was actually sleeping.

I fumbled with my blanket, Summer having her own one since we were both blanket-hoarders. I twisted and turned, fumbled and jumbled, just on my side of the bed. Pretty impossible, but could be done either way.

Throwing the blanket off of me and swinging my legs over, I planned to get out.

I'd weighed my options on whether to watch Supernatural, or Friends. I decided on the latter, since well, it was three in the morning. However, I was sort of skeptical, for I knew I'd laugh my arse off if I did watch Friends.

That's better than being freaked out though.

The icy marbled floor came into contact with the bottom of my feet, pinning needles into them. I cringed and flinched, before tiptoeing down instead. At least there was a lesser contact area so the pain would be bearable.

I dumped the guestroom laptop onto the couch, before heading to the kitchen to grab the one and only - Fruitloops.

There was no milk - which made me hate my life - so I ate them right out of the box, since I was the only one that ate them anyway.

Scrolling through the series of episodes I had of Friends in my hard-disk that Zak had lent me a few days ago, I clicked on a random episode and started watching.

According to Zak, keeping different television shows in his hard-disk was his guilty-pleasure. Something he liked to do when he was free and had no work.

And lucky for me, Zak liked the same television shows as I did. Must have ran in the family.

I watched as Ross tried to teach Phoebe and Rachel the concept of Unagi, having to stuff my fist into my mouth to prevent the giggles from slipping into the empty house.

"Well, good morning to you too," I jumped as I heard someone say, that someone happening to be Summer.

A small part of me wished for her to be Vince, though. Though I knew that was completely a lie and I pushed it immediately out of my head.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked, though it was a rhethorical question.

All she did was nod, and yawn, then nod again.

"Ugh, I love Joey. I need him in my life," she chuckled lightly, her boice slightly raspy.

"Joey Tribbiani is life," I stated, not joking whatsoever.

"True that," she agreed, "so what did you and Vince do today anyways?"

"He picked me up from school, my brother must have called him. Then we got ice cream and went shopping," I shrugged carelessly, before pausing the episode to look at her.

"The Sweet Tooth?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I was beyond appalled to hear this. Was the ice cream parlor that popular? Or perhaps Vince took Summer there as well. Zak sometimes takes me out for ice cream too, so I guess I shouldn't be that amused.

"We used to go there when we were kids, and it became our favorite ever since."

"Well, I love it," I said, before adding, "though I might be biased, for they had Fruitloop-flavored ice cream."