s i x

Chapter 6: I couldn't help it [dinner part I]

Have you ever been in a situation where you don't know how you're exactly feeling? As if your emotions are unknown and unconfirmed.

It was five in the evening, Zak had taken the liberty to cook dinner. Oh, and he didn't burn the house down.

Unlike me, Zak was a great cook. He didn't have a tendency to burn houses down whenever he switched the stove on.

We circled around the Waldorff's dining table. Megan, then Zak, then me, then Summer, then Taylor - Summer's hot boyfriend - , then Vince and then...

This person that sat - sadly opposite of me - had an amazing figure. Possible a figure of a Victoria Secret Angel if you ask me. She had a smile etched on her face, but you could see her evilness right through it. Or maybe it was because I was jealous.

Hah, me, jealous? That's impossible.

I've given up on love so much I pretty much gave up on relationships and boyfriends as well. No bad breakup triggered this, it was just when my parents left, did I realize, maybe I was a burden.

So, I can't possibly be jealous.

=half an hour prior to dinner=

"Lyss!" I heard Summer call, her voice seemingly excited and all. She'd gone out a few hours ago.

"In your room!"

"Hey!" she barged in, her grin so wide I'm surprised her cheeks aren't hurt. It was sort of a mischievous grin, mixed with excitement and eager.

"Yeah?"

"Meet Taylor Channing," she gestured for him to come in.

Taylor. His name rung a bell. It was in the back of my mind. This is why, I should never be trusted with things because I'd forget them in a split second.

Taylor appeared from the corridor and I think I was going to faint.

Literally.

He had a medium shade of brown hair, styled to a messy quiff. Purposely messy, of course. His lips were thin and pink, they didn't look chapped at all. And I had to wonder, did he put lip balm everyday? For I knew mine were always dry, it sucks. He had caterpillar-like eyebrows, almost a little too bushy.

Overall, he looked like a Hollywood film star.

"He's my boyfriend," those she was smiling, there was a tint of possessiveness in her voice, and both Taylor and I seemed to have noticed.

Ah, yes. He was the guy in the Polaroid film, Summer's boyfriend.

"I'm not going to steal him, Summer," I chuckled while Taylor planted a kiss on her cheek.

Her cheeks started to turn into a light shade of pink as she blushed, and looked down. I suppressed the urge to gush at how cute the both of them were, and smiled.

"Lyssabelle," I nodded, thinking that since Summer was already a little possessive, I might as well not shake his hand, "Lyss for short."

"Nice to meet you," he smiled.

"You, too," I said, before looking back at the laptop screen.

"Ooo I love your top!" Summer gushed, and I looked down at my tank top.

"Thanks," I smiled at her.

Lucky for me - when I went online shopping a few days before actually shopping with Vince - the shirts had arrived. The tank top I wore now was from The Summer Set's merchandise, which was styled almost like a Jack Daniels' label, except saying The Summer Set and a few different details. I think it was a man's top, but I loved it too much. The sides hung lower than my normal tank tops, so I wore a blue bandeau inside so that my boobs won't show.