22 - Shadow Walkers Bounties

Start from the beginning

"Can I help you?" The lady said with bored tone.

This lady must be working here for a long time that her enthusiasm was now at rock bottom. Cole conclude to himself about the attitude of the counter lady.

"I'm here to get the bounties of Shadow Walkers." Cole replied.

The lady sighed heavily. Almost every-day, there will someone wants to claim the bounties of Shadow Walkers and most of them was fake. Now, there was someone who wanted to claim Shadow Hunter's bounty again.

"Can you make a swear for it?" The lady ask.

Cole look at her confused and ask, "Why?"

The lady smiled at him and said, "There are always claiming that he killed a member of Shadow Walkers and the best and fastest way to prove it was swearing." The lady explained.

Cole nod in understanding.

Cole prick his finger and a drop of blood appear and he chant, "I swear to the name of Heaven that all that I deliver to get the bounty was all the members of Shadow Walkers."

After a minute, nothing happened. The lady nod in satisfaction as she knew that the guy was not lying like the other before him.

"Where is the head?" The lady inquire.

Cole pointed at the carriage they brought with them and said, "There!"

The lady in the counter felt her heart beats faster. The only thing she can think was that since they can't bring them in and leaved the head at the carriage was because there were many of it. She immediately checked the inside of the carriage and saw many boxes. Her heart beats quickened.

"I-I'll get the supervisor." She said politely and quickly enter the building.

Moments later, she came out along with a muscled middle-aged man.

The middle-aged man checked Cole and he was in disbelief. He was so young!

The attendant said that there was someone who want claim the bounties of Shadow Walkers and there were many of it. He concluded that an expert decided to eliminate the Shadow Walkers, however, it doesn't appear to him that the expert was so young!

"You're the one who wanted to claim the bounty of Shadow Walkers?" The middle-aged man ask Cole.

The middle-aged man know that the man beside Cole was Nick, the young master of Carmelo Family, and he doesn't have the ability to eliminate the Shadow Walkers. So his guess was Cole was the expert or the servant of the expert. Whatever his background was, it was not something he can question.

"Yes." Cole answered.

The middle-aged man look at the attendant.

"He swear that all that he will deliver were all members of Shadow Walkers." The attendant said.

The middle-aged man nods and started to count the heads. He also believed that all of the heads in the boxes were all members of Shadow Walkers since Cole swear to the Heaven and nothing happened to him.

Half an hour later.

"I know that you know the bounty prices of this heads and make the calculation yourself right?" The middle-aged man ask Cole while he just nod. "The total of this head was 297 gold coins and I'll make it full 300 gold coins. Is that alright?"

"Sure." Cole nodded. He was satisfied he knows the total of this head before he brought them here and he was happy that there were additional 3 gold coins.