°7°

Day: 25

Think Before You Do

Wednesday came around and everyone was dressed and ready for the animal shelter as they stood outside waiting for the bus to pull around.

Because this is more club related than the whole school event the school lets us use a bus instead of Mr. Riles having to get a van.

It wasn't to early in the morning and some of the students were actually looking forward to this. "Erin thanks for doing this, I'm sure it's going to be fun," Liam says.

"Yeah well thanks to everyone for coming to help out, I've been coming here for a while but people just don't seem to want to volunteer," Erin slouches her shoulders.

"Well I like animals so I don't think this will be to bad," Elijah shrugs.

"Kade and Parker do you guys like animals?" Remi has the whole class turning to look at them.

"Animals are cool," Kade shrugs.

"I guess," Parker also shrugs.

"Man you guys really don't have much of an opinion," Remi gives a bored look.

"Well I guess you could say that but I'm just about up for anything so I'm cool with anything we do," Kade shrugs.

"What he said," Parker agrees.

The bus then pulls up at that moment. "Okay kids, get on the bus," Mr. Riles claps his hands together.

"Kids?!" Marley exclaims. "Your not much older than us!" She points out.

"Okays, okay younger adults please enter the bus," Mr. Riles rolls his eyes playfully.

The bus ride was pretty quiet with only a few talking and the rest were on their phone listening to music or playing games until they arrived.

Everyone hopes off the bus to see a slightly run down animal shelter. It has lots of greenery and lots of land behind it closed in by a fence. The building was basically one story with a one room upstairs which was the office for the owner.

The owner that Erin knows was standing out front. The owner is a young woman with curly red hair and golden brown eyes. She wore khaki capris with a blue polo shirt with her shelter logo on the left breast. "Erin! I see you and your class made it," the very cheerful owner walked up to the class.

"Yes and I'm sure they'll be great help Ms. Vos," Erin spoke for the class.

Mr. Rules walks up to her with an extended hand. "Hello Ms. Vos, I'm Mr. Riles this class teacher," they shake hands.

"Well hello Mr. Riles and thank you and your class for extending some help to us on such a busy day," she then turns towards the class. "Okay so my name is Ms. Vos and you guys can come to me or my assistants, even Erin over here if you need any help today," she announced.

"What are we supposed to do?" Danielle asks.

"Well today we are having an adoption fair so while my assistants get the pets ready I need you help to set up, it rained last night so it's not like we could have set up then like we usually would so I want to go ahead and thank you now for lending a hand this evening," she smiles.

"No problem," Liam smiles as well.

"Okay so first off let's head out back where you guys are going to set up the pins and then you guys can help with the animals if you guys like," she then gestures for the class to follow behind her.

When they walk inside they are greeted by the barking of many dogs and cats meowing. The air held a certain scent that was bad but was amazing either. The cats could be seen through a glass wall while the dogs were held in the back also in separate cages with glass wall for people to view them.