°3°

Day: 13

Lucky to be a girl

The day of the school event finally came the next week on Friday, everyone in their class was setting up for the car wash and food stand in the parking lot of the baseball field. Liam and Peter were putting up the signs while Kade and Remi were setting the food in the concession stand. Then Elijah was directing everyone and organizing how to park and wash the cars then had the buckets and placed the hoses in the correct places.

"Is this fine right here?" Parker called out.

"Yeah that works," Elijah answers. "Remi are you guy almost ready in there? Are the burger and hot dogs ready? Have you made the batter for the funnel cakes?" He jogged over to the concession stand.

"Geez Elijah we didn't think you cared so much," Astrid says from inside the concession booth.

"Astrid?" He sighs. "What are you doing in there? I knew we looked like we were missing one person."

"Well what do I look like doing prep work in my swimsuit," she scoffs.

"Just get out here before I drag her royal highness out myself!" He gestures.

"Okay, okay no need to to get your man panties in a twist," Astrid holds her hands up to surrender.

Liam and Andy finished with all the signs that they put around the school. "The school event is about to start, its almost time," Liam walks up to Elijah.

"Okay good, I'm pretty sure we have enough posts and stations set up along with the extra cones we got from the school should be..." He trailed off when he noticed the cones weren't out. "Where are the cones! Tristan was supposed to do that!" He groans.

"Oh his dad called him since he's on the basketball team, but he said he'll be back later," Danielle called out from her folding chair with her nose in a book.

"Oh, so for one he couldn't quickly mention that to me and two I hope you're done with what your job while you're just sitting there," Elijah looked frustrated.

"Don't worry my job along with everyone's is finished so calm down before your testosterone starts clouding around me," she shoos him away and he takes a deep breath before walking away.

"Liam, I really hope she understands how lucky she is that she was born a girl," Liam laughs, and Elijah's frustration turns into a smile.

"No, I think she is well aware," Liam's laugh died out. "Okay boss I guess Andy and I can set up the cones."

"Thanks," the sound of the bell signaled the start of the event, Elijah clapped his hands together. "Okay then, let's do this! In your positions," Everyone saluted him with a sir yes sir.

The event had begun so all that was left to do was wait. "I wonder if people really will come?" Chase wondered aloud after waiting for about 5 minutes.

"I'm sure people just haven't seen the signs..." Erin spoke shyly.

"Well, I'm sure more people will come once they're done with their main activities in the front of the school," said Marley.

"I'm sure a lot of people came just for Tristan and his basketball team," Kade shrugged.

"Oh that reminds me, Marley, why aren't you with your baseball team if Tristan is with his Basketball team? I'm pretty sure your one of the star players if my memory serves me right? But I could definitely be wrong," Danielle asked.

"Oh well it's just a school opening event and the baseball team is really only doing practice though and small games to inspire the freshmen to try out," she shrugged. "Not really something I have to be there for." Erin looks down at her outfit consisting of a one-piece bathing suit and shorts with her curly hair in two cornrows on her head.