For Him...??(Chapter - 4)

Vihaan's POV

We returned yesterday night from Nagpur. I went to my room and slept dispersing all my thoughts, especially a particular person's. I woke up and left for the hospital after freshening up as I don't want to face my mom... She will nag me about Aditi and she isn't gonna take my 'No' casually..... She will create a big scene and spoil my mood and I can't take that risk...... I would like to keep my mind clean from all the disturbances before Surgeries. I took the patient's file and started reading it before entering the operating theatre.

I returned home at night..... My mood is very good as all the surgeries went fine but now I have to face my mother and I dread it..... I am not afraid of my mother's anger but her emotional drama and only to avoid that, I give in to all her demands, my father and brother don't like me supporting mom all the time even when she is wrong but I just do it to avoid unnecessary headaches. I freshened up and went for dinner, I am surprised to see my dad and brother seated in the dining hall....... We rarely have food together as our timings don't match... I sat beside my brother and fist-bumped him as we are seeing each other after a week I guess.

"What a surprise  ?? How come you are early today Ayan  ??", I asked my brother after greeting my father.

"Mom asked, sorry ordered me that I should be present for dinner today," He said making me suspicious.

"What's so special," I asked

"She finally found my bhabhi it seems, she is confident that you are gonna say 'yes' and the whole family should be together while you declare your decision that's why she made me cancel an important meeting," My brother told me in a pissed tone.

OMG, my mother is having very high expectations of this alliance and she is very confident too. What should I tell her if she asks about the reason  ?? I can't tell her the truth as she will insult Aditi's parents as soon as she gets to know the truth...... No offense but my mom has a very big mouth and she can literally kill you with her words if she doesn't like you.....
Mom entered carrying a bowl in her hand.....

"Vihaan, I prepared your favorite, gajar ka halwa(carrot halwa) beta, I hope you like it," She said smiling widely.

I mentally cursed Aditi for putting me in this situation..... "You too didn't want this marriage as you liked her cousin instead", Countered my brain.....

I shut it up and cleared my throat to have their attention..... My mom is looking at me smilingly but my father had a serious expression as if he didn't want me to say yes..... My brother had this 'not interested' look on his face..... Honestly, we both don't care about whom we marry or what we do in our life..... Yes, we love each other but not that close too...

"Mom..... I am sorry but I can't marry Aditi, we are not good for each other", I said quickly.
My father gave me a big smile before resuming eating. My mother glared at me for two minutes before opening her mouth.

"You are doing this purposely as from now, I shouldn't be interfering in your life according to your condition", She said angrily...

"No mom.... It's nothing like that", I said sincerely

"Then tell me a perfect reason why are you rejecting Aditi, she is perfect and satisfies all your criteria, she comes from a very good family too then why  ??", My mom stated... Ahh, how should I tell her ??

"Mom it's just that I don't think Aditi is right for me..... She doesn't fit in my life mom...", I stated mentally facepalming...

"State me a proper reason or get ready to marry Aditi Vihaan", My mother screamed furiously. I have never seen her so angry but this is the limit..... She can't force me into this marriage... I am not a kid...... She has to understand this... Before I say something dad talked for the first time from the time I entered.

"Vandana... You cannot force him..... He is an adult and has the right to choose his bride", Said my father calmly...

"But I feel Aditi is perfect for him and he is rejecting her purposely.", She said...

"No mom... Why would I do that??", I defended myself...

"Okay, if you think Aditi is perfect for him, then tell him the reasons and convince him but this is not the right way," Said dad calmly.

"How can I tell him the reasons  ?? Just like he doesn't have a proper reason to reject her, I too don't have a perfect reason.", Said mom...

"Then drop the topic.", Dad said with finality...

"But what should I tell her parents," Mom asked getting worried.

"I'll talk to them... You relax", Dad said and looked at me giving me a smile which I returned... I am actually surprised as till now dad didn't help me with my mom..... He left me to suffer her tantrums as I always support her but today, he stood for me and that too smiled at me as if he has won a medal.

"Okay," My mom whispered and had her dinner silently..... I hate to see her disappointed but I can't help it.

"Mom... Please don't be upset..... I'll marry soon..... You just relax", I tried to pacify her but she didn't respond..... I huffed and had my dinner silently just like my brother..... After my mom left,  dad patted my shoulder and told me that I had made the right decision, though I am confused about his behavior, I just returned his smile and he went to his room.

"Bhai..... I wanted to know about this Saanvika more", Ayan said suddenly..... Wait did he just say Saanvika  ?? Why  ?? How  ??

"How do you know her??", I asked him unable to understand anything...

"Dad doesn't stop praising her..... For once I felt as if at all he had a daughter, he would have loved her the same as he loves Saanvika", Said my brother...

"She is just a normal girl Ayan, she is dad's late friend's daughter and that's what made her so special in his eyes... By the way, how is dad in the office... He seemed to be very upset hearing about Niranjan uncle's demise", I asked my brother suddenly getting very concerned about my dad...

"He is very sad, he brought an album with him which consisted of his photos with Saanvika's dad..... He whatsapped her some of their pictures and they both talked with each other for some time, later he shared some of his memories with me..... He even cried hugging me..... He seemed to be relaxed while talking to Saanvika, rest all the time, he is very depressed", Ayan told me about dad's condition... I nodded and after wishing 'good night' we left for our respective rooms...

It's been a month since I declared my decision to my family..... At first, mom is very angry but I convinced her and promised her that I would marry soon..... Dad is the same and now we all started worrying about him..... Ayan informed me that he isn't concentrating on work too..... Most of the time he is lost in thoughts and the only time he smiles is when Saanvika calls him. Dad became very close to her, he even calls her Saanvi and treats her like his daughter..... I even suggested that he should see a psychiatrist but dad waved off..... Ayan is complaining that the workload is becoming more as dad isn't helping at all and Ayan still is new and cannot handle the whole company. On my mom's insistence, he went to see a psychiatrist yesterday but it's of no use as dad isn't willing to talk. I need to do something very quickly before this slips out of my hand..... I decided to talk to Saanvika as only she could help me now.

Saanvika's POV

Today, I am happy as I got transferred to Delhi..... Now I have two reasons to be happy about working in Delhi, one is it's my dream city and the other is Alok uncle lives there..... It's been a month since I met him, I stayed in touch with him, in fact, we talked every day that too for a very long time..... We became very close and a tiny part of me is very satisfied as I finally got father's affection in his form but of course, he couldn't replace my father..... I didn't tell him about my transfer as I wanted to surprise him....he always asks me to visit him on the weekends but I deny giving an excuse for my work...... Now when he sees me in front of him, I think he will be really surprised...... 

My boss informed me that I have to resume my work from next Monday which means I have a week of time and I am starting my shifting from the day after tomorrow...  I am sad to leave Meera but I know she will be coming there soon as Sameer is trying to switch to a company in Gurgaon. My mom and brother are not happy with this but I am adamant so they didn't say much..... Ma asked me if I wanted any help but I denied..... As I don't want to strain her with all the shifting works..... I'll go and bring her once I settle down in Delhi.

Yesterday I called Aditi to inform her about my transfer...... That's when I got to know that Vihaan rejected her... Honestly, I didn't talk about that with uncle, And I haven't called Aditi in the past month as we both are busy so I didn't know about it... In fact, my mind is mentally fixed that Aditi and Vihaan are getting married and when I told Aditi not to inform Alok uncle about my transfer, that's when she told me about it. She is very happy and also said that she is the one who asked Vihaan to reject her... I got so mad at her and scolded her. Vihaan is a very good guy according to what I heard from uncle and any girl would be lucky to have Alok uncle as her father-in-law, and here my cousin spoiled that chance and on top of that she is bragging about it as if she had won a medal..... I don't know when will she move on from that stupid ex of hers... Huh... That guy really is trouble. He can't do a single thing for Aditi, my aunt, seeing Aditi's madness, told her, that she would agree to their relationship if that guy at least continues his studies but he refused to do so. He doesn't have a proper job and is dependent on his parents. My aunt got pissed up and made their break up... Huh, she loves to meddle in her daughter's life but this time, I didn't think she was entirely at fault. I shook my head, not thinking about my cousin and her crazy love story.

I hired movers and packers for shifting my luggage and thankfully my company is providing the accommodation so I don't have to worry about searching for a house. I landed in Delhi and reached the address given by the company. It's a 1 BHK flat and is actually very comfortable...... I loved it..... It gave me a homely feeling..... I have nothing to do as my luggage will be reaching here tomorrow, so I thought of doing some grocery shopping. I went to a nearby supermarket, and I found it with the help of google...  I returned after an hour and after talking to my brother and mother and assuring them that I am safe, I changed, had my dinner, and slept peacefully......

Precap - Vihaan meeting Saanvika....