009.

009. spoiler: yes, it could get worse

BARBIE ALLEN was sick of this shit. in the short span of a day, she'd passed out and nearly fell of a pegasus after trying to get her friend who'd been stabbed in the shoulder to safety, she'd watched cherry die and just about everything else she couldn't be bothered to list out. but this? what was happening right now? the motherfucking cherry on top, no pun intended at all. rachel dare was the cherry on top of a dessert called 'barbie's pathetic life' and it honestly was not needed nor did she ask for it.

couldn't barbie just have one day. one goddamn day, where nothing bad happened? was it so hard for the fates to just let her have one day?

"ideas?" yelled barbie as he climbed on a pegasus, and barbie made a run for honey. she managed to swing herself relatively quickly onto the pegasus, greeting them briefly with a stroke on their mane before they began to fly upwards.

"cover me!" she shouted back, snapping her fingers as she urged honey closer to the helicopter, "i'm going to set it down! if i fail.... catch me! and if i don't- then sit there and look pretty!"

she urged honey closer to the helicopter. she snapped her fingers once more and suddenly the helicopter wasn't moving. it was covered in a sheen of pink mist that was holding the helicopter up, the helicopter blades that were once spinning had stopped. barbie began to sweat, feeling the familiar but highly unwanted sensation of needles pricking her skin along with what felt like thousands of burns all over her body. but she ignored it.

she heard shouts from down below, and guessed it was either percy, annabeth or val. but she ignored them too as she and honey made their decent, with barbie trying to keep hold of the helicopter with her mist. if she lost concentration for even a second, the helicopter would crash and she'd be able to do nothing. slowly, the helicopter landed safely on the ground of fifth avenue.

she settled herself on the ground safely, her head feeling light headed and her whole body aching. she managed to slip herself of honey without falling. but she had not prepared for the impact of getting squashed to death by annabeth, who was hugging her tightly as she yelled loudly, "what the actual fuck barbie!"

"you could've died, dumbass!" yelled val, hugging barbie as well.

"yeesh, what are you both, my parents?" grumbled barbie.

"literally shut up, you shouldn't have over-exerted yourself like that!"

"s'alright though," barbie mumbled, "i'm fine, aren't i? doesn't matter."

"you need rest," val spoke softly as he and annabeth let go of her, "you've had a long day."

a few moments later, and a lot of whining from barbie, val and annabeth had decided to leave it alone. and instead, they all turned to face rachel elizabeth dare, the girl who'd now climbed out of the helicopter.

"why are you here?" annabeth grumbled, a pout on her face that looked less like a pout and more like she was trying to stop herself from frowning.

rachel ignored annabeth and walked over to barbie, "you saved my life."

"it was nothing," shrugged barbie, for once not jealous of rachel. she didn't know why, or when it had stopped. but she no longer felt that prickly sensation she often did when she was near rachel, and it was surprisingly nice. that epiphany she'd had with kenji seemed to do more than just spare his life, but for some reason had got barbie to understand something more important.