006.

006. to fly away on a cloud of pink 

WHAT DID barbie's mom have against her to make her suddenly think of her dad at a time like this? why did she even care? he dad never did anything for her, yet here she was at the brink of war with thoughts of her dad on her mind. what was she trying to get from this? he was just some asshole who never cared for her, who replaced her with a different and better family. a family with younger and better children, a family-

who lived here. in manhattan. manhattan, where they were. this, of course, sent barbie into a state of panic. yes, she hated her dad. of course she did. that's what he gets for ignoring her most of her life and then replacing her. but she didn't want him to die or anything. she didn't want anything that severe to her dad or his family. she might have been jealous of her dad, but she was not going to just let somebody die like that to her.

"percy," she'd finally managed to say, a haze of panic swarming her mind, "my dad, he's in manhattan. or, at least- i think he is. we-"

"we'll deal with it," reassured percy, grabbing for her hand again, "we always do in the end. you know that, barbie doll. so don't worry."

and for some reason (a reason she knew), it made waves of warmth swarm around her and a deep blush pool to her face. it felt nice, to be reassured, to be understood. it made her face heat up more at the continuous thought of it, but she was ok with that.

percy looked to the rest of them, still holding her hand, which continued to send shockwaves of butterflies to barbie. he cleared his throat before annoying loudly, "we're going to hold manhattan."

silena side-eyed percy worriedly as she spoke, "uh, percy, manhattan is huge."

"we are going to hold it," val said with a strong sense of determination as he put his hand on percy's shoulder, "aren't we?"

"yeah," nodded percy, "mortals are gonna be in danger. we can't just stand here and let innocent people get injured and possibly die because of kronos."

"we've got to fight!" yelled the voice of nessa.

"you'll do be doing no fighting whatsoever, nessa," barbie scowled, "you and the younger campers will be staying inside and staying safe and perhaps helping with medical stuff. but no fighting."

there were groans heard, loud shouts of complaints from the younger campers who were under the age of nine. barbie cringed slightly, not knowing how to come back from that. but thankfully, she didn't need to. silena had already spoken up, "what barb means to say is... take it easy guys. if we need our strongest and most awesome fighters... we'll definitely call you guys."

and somehow, the kids began to giggle and they willingly shrugged, a few "okay"'s being sounded and barbie stared in shock. another reason silena is cabin councillor, she thought to herself. silena just had the aura around her, making people listen to her. she just got people and was able to understand them and convince them to do things for their safety. hopefully, after the war, barbie could go back to being just another member of the cabin, and not having to temporarily lead it like she had been since beck had... died.

"people are in mortal danger right now," annabeth spoke, "the gods of the wind should keep kronos' forces away from olympus by air. so he'll try the ground assault next. we have to cut off the entrances to the island."

"they have boats though," michael yew pointed out.

"i think i can take care of the boats," percy spoke up, people raising an eyebrow at how cocky it sounded before he added awkwardly with a slight ramble, "you know, bein' a son of poseidon and all."