016.

016. daedalus just said fuck off in the language of walking

BARBIE LET out a long string of curse words as they finally reached the workshop and walked towards it. none of them stared at her, except for rachel, who had here brow raised as she said, "so you just... swear like this, casually?"

"and you don't?" countered barbie, panting still from running as she patted her chest, making sure she had her sunglasses clipped on her shirt, "c'mon. let's just go see daedalus and tell him to give us that fucking string."

"it's more than just string," explained annabeth, "it's-"

"annabeth, right now, i don't care about the backstory," sighed barbie, "i just want to get this string, get out of here, and get a manicure. and maybe some cheetos."

"solid," nodded percy as they walked closer towards the workshop.

what barbie expected to see, was not what she saw. she expected to see an old man, probably with a walking stick. an old man named daedalus. she expected to see some ancient greek, or some old plans the former greek hero had. instead, she saw somebody she never thought she'd ever see again. barbie didn't even need to ask annabeth if she was angry. or even look at her to know how furious annabeth was. the emotions reeking from her alone were enough to tell barbie that annabeth was restraining her self (just barely) at ripping the damn bastards head off.

"you," growled annabeth with a large scowl on her face, her blonde hair a wild mess as she seethed, "what have you done with daedalus?"

quintus smiled faintly, as if he were waiting for them to get something, "trust me, my dear. you don't want to meet him."

"if we don't have to see him to get the fucking string, then that's cool," added barbie, "but where is he? and what are you doing here?"

barbie felt angry. but she wasn't exactly sure if what she was feeling was her own emotions or annabeth's. because the anger radiating from annabeth was enough to fuel the rage of a large army.

"look, mr traitor," seethed annabeth, "i didn't fight a dragon woman and a three-bodied man and a psychotic sphinx to see you. now where is daedalus?"

quintus came down the stairs, and barbie felt herself getting more annoyed by the minute. what was this? a fucking t.v show? why was quintus being so dramatic? she scowled at his attire that consisted of jeans, boots and his counsellor's t-shirt from camp half-blood. which seemed like an insult now that they knew he was a spy.

"you think i'm an agent of kronos," quintus said, almost sounding as if he found it funny they thought that, "that i work for luke."

"no shit, sherlock," snapped barbie. and it as true, they'd all seen the evidence at the ranch. and him abandoning mrs o'leary just made it even worse. it was like he was trying to make himself look bad or something stupid like that.

"it's honestly not that hard to fucking guess," snapped annabeth.

"you're an intelligent girl," complimented quintus before he said, "but you're wrong. i work only for myself."

"luke mentioned you," argued percy, "geryon knew about you too. you've been in his ranch."

"of course," nodded quintus, as if it wasn't something new to him, "i've been almost everywhere. even here."

this is slowly becoming very fucking creepy, noted jerald out loud, but-

"i know that voice," quintus suddenly said, looking at barbie, "i remember it briefly. i've met the owner of that voice."