005.

005. cherry can talk to plants and uncle val is forgotten

BARBIE WAS kind of worried when she was called to the war council. usually, it was just cabin leaders who were called, but silena always seemed to drag along barbie, and she always listened because this was silena and if you made silena upset it was like you kicked a puppy. and also she usually came to beg chiron to go on a quest. but after being on a quest, she didn't see the point of going.

but, what surprised her most about this time was that she wasn't just dragged along to the council meeting, but she was actually requested by chiron to come. which was kind of worrying. because this had never really happened before and she had no idea if it was a good thing or not, but she did assume it was probably not a good thing.

oooo, look at you, spoke jerald in her mind, you're in the big leagues now.

jerald, not to sound rude or anything but why the fuck do i see a barbie dreamhouse playset in my mind?

oh, d'ya like it? i thought it be a cool thing to add to my place!

jerald this is my damn body, why are you making your own house in my imagination?

uh... because i can?

she let out a frustrated huff before walking towards silena so they could both go to the meeting.

"i didn't have to force you to come this time," she spoke in amusement.

"yeah," barbie spoke lightly, "this time i had chiron force me to come... fun."

the two girls walked in some kind of silence to the big house where the war council would take place. barbie had been before so she wasn't that scared of everybody. but sometimes when your a child of aphrodite people don't give you enough credit. and sometimes they underestimate you.

but as barbie had already proven: don't fuck with the aphrodite cabin. they may look like models straight out of vogue, but they pack a hell of a punch and were pretty fierce. they also knew how to tell if a diamond was fake or not. but that's beside the point.

"sup barbie doll," spoke percy as she entered.

"lay off, water boy," she snapped, clearly not in the mood this morning.

"she's crabby in the mornings," spoke silena as they both sat down next to each other.

you don't know the half of it, spoke jerald out loud.

a few of the cabin leaders looked to her and she realised not everybody knew about her weird situation with jerald.

"uh... gift from aphrodite," she spoke, "it talks-"

what have i told you about calling me an 'it'? i'm a 'she'! spoke jerald before she muttered, insensitive demigod.

the demigods around her seemed to have a lot of questions until chiron walked in and cleared his throat and barbie stared intently at him. the war council had begun.

"luke must have known about the labyrinth entrance," announced annabeth, "he knew everything about camp."

it wasn't a surprise that clarisse and annabeth where the ones leading the war council meeting. after all, they were the ones who were putting so much time and effort into the whole idea of the labyrinth and whilst barbie had helped only at the start, the two of them had been the ones who really came through.

"that's what i was trying to tell you last night," spoke juniper the wood nymph (who had somehow come along to the meeting but barbie wasn't going to judge), "the cave entrance had been there for a long time, luke used it."