"You don't have to be surprised. My relationship with him is just getting better. We are not so close. When I first noticed how he behaved with you, I never understand. The little time I was with him at the hospital with you, I saw things that I didn't even believe myself. I wonder how my son get to be this caring about someone. Don't get me wrong he love his grandparents and aunties even his nanny but they don't change his thoughts. I have given up all hope that he was ever going to leave that room  yesterday until maybe three days after. Like he used to."

"But you came and you came down to wait. I was beyond shock when Jason came down from that room after locking himself there for three days. I don't know how you did it but it work. You made him leave that room. It's so hard for people to convince him. His grandfather called earlier that day in an hope to try to change his mind and lighten him up. It didn't change a thing. He was obstinate." She chuckle softly. "He even returned back that day with a smile on his face! Leaving me more curious." She explained.

"If you are wondering what I did to your son ma, it's nothing. I just happened to know how to convince him. He is hard to read. But he is also easy to understand by his actions. He pushes people away when deep down, he wanted people to stay. He act like he is okay but he wants someone to tell him otherwise. He doesn't know how to express how he feels. He wants people to read him. All his acts. The scowl, bored expression,.... are just a facade to hide his true feelings."  I told her.

Now she is the one staring at me.

Looks like I know Jason more than I thought.

"Uhmm. You really do understand him perfectly? Even his therapist hardly know him the way you do."

"The counsellor do but sometimes they need him to at least express himself a little to know him more but he never did. And when he opened up to me a little was when I began to understand the boy behind the Facade."

"You don't just understand him, you also influence him in a positive way. Do you know Jason had not been to a hospital in the last eight years because he have a trauma when he saw his father corpse there?"

"No I don't know. He never told me." I answered honestly.

This was a surprise. I didn't know he hate hospital. And that he saw his father corpse in an hospital when he was young.

I thought about how he would have felt at the time.

And I am suddenly filled with guilt.

"Sweetheart don't feel guilty. I guess he overcome his trauma when he brought you to the hospital. The fear of losing you overcome the fear of been inside an hospital."

And relief watch over me.

"You are actually the first outsider that I will be discussing my son with. Maybe because I feel comfortable since you know him so well. But Jason was a bully long before you were admitted to Greater heights, why did you find him so spectacular to be friend with?"

I give her an awkward look. She is calling her son a bully. It's normal to hear it from someone else but definitely the mother.

She noticed my reaction or probably read my mind because she said

"There is no denying that Jason was a bully. I myself doesn't know how to tame him and I just plead with the school to cover up everything. I hate it but I can't do anything. And I know it is his way of driving people away."

No wonder no one complain about it.

"When I first met Jason, I dislike him. I wanted to hate him for those things he did but I couldn't. He got nerves. He has wit and he is clever." I pause remembering my first experience of Jason and his friends at Greater Height. It seem like ages ago. "I wanted to hate him because I hate what he do to students. Myself included. He was heartless and emotionless about it. But on the other side, when I had my first real conversation with him. Although I actually can't call it a conversation because he didn't say more than four words, I knew there was something he was hiding. And He can change. I believe it. And at first it was hopeless. Nothing seem to move him but I did not stop believing and whenever I got the chance I try to tell him how I feel."