¦Chapter 11¦

~ Jason ~

The first term had unofficially ended today. The end-of-the-year slash Christmas party will be held in the school in two days. Though I am not going to attend.

As for me, the term already ended today. The fee for the party has been paid, but I am not going to attend. Never. I don't usually attend parties except when forced to. And if I do eventually go, I hide in my solitary part of the school.

My holiday had started today. The holiday would last three weeks.

It was going to be three weeks from seeing all those noisy people looking scared of me, teachers glaring at me, my friends talking about some stupid girls and sports, writing notes... and tormenting Laila.

Up until the very end of this term, it was pure hell for her. Her locker was damaged, and her PE equipment was ruined... Lots and lots of them.

Sandra, Jessica, and Ivy didn't make things easier for her. And they unknowingly helped me in a way that they couldn't imagine. She even failed PE and another subject. Though it wasn't part of the plan, it was all worth it.

Everything changed about Laila. She became quieter and calm. She barely talks in class. When her friend - Florence, Laila wasn't in school, she withdrew and hid in god-knows-where in the school during free period. To avoid Sandra, she wouldn't eat in the cafeteria.

I kind of enjoyed breaking her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she stopped coming next term.

And somehow, I think she was the only person that I would miss in the whole school during this holiday.

It actually sounded crazy even to my own head, but that's just how I felt. 

And why? I didn't know.

"What are you thinking about that's making you smile?" Christian asked beside me, waking me from my train of thought.

He had paused the game he was playing. He had been busy with the stupid soccer game he had been playing on his phone since we left school. He was obsessed with the thing and it sometimes got on my nerves.

And since he was so concentrated on it, I let him be and drown in my thoughts.

"Nothing," I responded, shifting on my seat. I wasn't telling him about my sick thoughts. Never. He would only scold me and preach about how bad it was for me to be thinking that way.

Christian was my best friend and he liked me. I know that very well. But it doesn't mean we are alike or he loved what I was doing. Let's be honest, he was more of my friend at home than at school. He didn't really hang out with me in school, probably because I was a different person in school and because he didn't like how I did my things.

The bullying, I mean.

And since he was a social butterfly and didn't want to taint his good-boy image, we barely did things together in school. Except a few times in class.

It wasn't like he avoided me in school. He does not. But that invincible boundary just appears the moment we enter the school compound, and become surrounded by our schoolmates.

"You have stopped playing the game," I noticed.

He nodded and showed me his phone. He had truly paused the game.

"Yeah, you didn't want to play and you don't want me to teach you."

"You know I don't like football."

"You should try it sometimes. It would be nice if we could play together online," he mused.

I said nothing to that because I knew it was never going to happen. And he knew that.