[Special] - Birthday

(Sooo June 1st is my b-day anddd I just wanted to do this for fun haha..is this part of the storyline or not hmmmm🤔 who knows~)

(Future author: It's probably already passed my bday but I still wanted to do this for fun)

(M/n) woke up as usually just another day of school and practice. However what he wasn't expecting was for his phone to ring continuously, one message after another, a phone call or two and more messages. It basically forced (M/n) to wake up just to see what all the ruckus was about. (M/n) was so sleepy he took one look at all the notifications and just stared in confusion.

'Why were they sending him greetings?'

He was beyond confused but he also didn't want to think about it and so put his phone on silent mode as he got ready for school. If you're wondering why this precious boy is so sleepy (though not like he isn't always) he spend all night practicing at a nearby volleyball court that his team suggested, for the upcoming tournaments. He was so engrossed in practice that he was basically kicked out of the court for staying till closing time. (M/n) slowly got ready and head out.

(M/n) soon got to school, just as he was by the entrance changing his shoes a dark haired male approached him.

"Uhh..Hey (M/n)..."

Hearing his name, he turned to the voice to see Kageyama. (M/n) smiled at him slightly to greet which caused Kageyama to blush slightly. Kageyama seemed nervous in a way, he looked troubled as he tried to find the right words. As (M/n) closed his locker he noticed Kageyama's fidgety state as he seemed to be holding something behind his back. (M/n) tilted his head to question Kageyama if he needed something. Kageyama was a bit taken aback as he tried to get out the words.

"Uh... umm... uh here..."

Kageyama quickly stated as he held a present in front of (M/n), now it was (M/n)'s turn to be taken back, he looked at the present in confusion. What was the occasion? Kageyama looked away, his blush seemed to get deeper the longer he held the present to (M/n), but his attention was brought back to (M/n) when he was poked slightly. Turning back he saw (M/n) tilted his head in confusion. Kageyama confused himself as he finally greeted (M/n)

"H...Happy birthday..."

(M/n) blinked and took a moment to process what Kageyama said. Kageyama watched with a brow raised as (M/n) finally realized what today was. His eyes widened as he quickly shoved his hand into his bag, searching for his phone. As soon as he felt it he ripped it out of his bag to check the date. "June 1st".(M/n) sweatdropped at all the messages that he was spammed with and missed phone calls relating to his birthday. Ignoring them for now, he turned back to Kageyama who was still awkwardly holding his gift out to (M/n). Seeing (M/n)'s panicked state he asked out of curiosity.

"Did... Did you forget your own birthday?"

Hearing someone else say it made (M/n) blushed in embarrassment, how could he forget? Turning back to Kageyama, he realized what the gift was. Rubbing the back of his head nervously, he bowed in thanks and took the gift. Kageyama couldn't help a small smile surface at the forgetfulness of his friend. (M/n) took a look before opening the small gift which turned out to be a reusable mask. (M/n) was surprised as he looked back at Kageyama who now was the one rubbing the back of his neck while looking away.

"I... well I thought the ones you were using were getting old so...."

(M/n) couldn't be more grateful as he went and embraced Kageyama's chest for a bit as a thanks. Kageyama froze a bit as he felt his cheeks get hotter. As (M/n) pulled back, the two walked together to their classroom. Kageyama couldn't help the question as he asked (M/n).