[14] - The Haunting Past

All he could hear was the whistle.

(M/n) slowly opened in his eyes but his eyes snapped open in shock and dread.He watched as they hold up the red flag.

It was an out.

He landed on the ground as the whistle rang announcing the game was over.The team fell in dread.(M/n) stared at the spot it was barely over the line.He felt his breath quicken-

"Did I hear you speak again?"

(M/n)'s eyes filled with fear as he could feel a dark presence behind him.He dropped to his knees as he slapped a hand over his masked lips.His other hand slowly creeping up.He was beyond afraid.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi cheered but they couldn't get their minds off what happened.Until they felt something to turned to (M/n) who was on his knees as he desperately covered his masked lips.They knew this wasn't good as they tried to go there but someone beat them to it.(M/n) felt short out of breath,an attack was coming but..

"(M/n)...let's go."

(M/n) snapped out of his trance as he slowly turned to see Suga there holding out his hand with a sad smile.That's when (M/n) remembered,They lost.He slowly felt tears fall from his eyes rapidly.He took a shaky breath as his hands fell off his face and took Suga's hand as he tried to cover his tears.Suga's heart ached as he did his best to comfort him as he helped wiped some of his falling tears.Suddenly burden was all over him.The last point was counted in him.Instead it was an out.The team had to line up.(M/n) slowly looked at the hand before looking up to see a worried Oikawa along with Iwaizumi next to him.He could blankly stare he shook his hand weakly.They also stood against the stands thanking the audience.Daichi was sad but he had to hold his head up high.He turned to see his team as he took notice of the masked boy as he has his hand over his covered lips as he couldn't read the look on his eyes.They all gathered around the coach however the other team came for their match.(M/n) couldn't foucs on anything as he could do was stare at the ground as the presence behind him never left.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi were chatting but the two couldn't keep an eye of the unsettling boy.They did everything they can not to go over to him.Iwaizumi carefully brought up what happened.

"He spoke...."

"Yeah..."

The two didn't know what to say,it was the first time they ever heard the boy speak.However at this moment it didn't sit right.The two were slightly startled by the coach.

"Iwaizumi,Oikawa there is something for you two,"

The two turned to the coach confused as he soon gave the two a familiar looking post-it note.

"Number 13 came up to me and asked me to give it to you two before they left,"

The two quickly turned to Karasuno's side to see that the team was leaving (M/n) stopped and turned to the two giving them a thumbs up before leaving.The two looked at the note,they were worried for him but right now they had to focus on the match.

"Good luck,Haijime/Tooru,don't worry about me for now.Win the next matches for me!"

Finally the team calmed down after the match,before getting on the bus.Daichi wanted to ask (M/n) to sit with him but he politely refused.Both Suga and Daichi were getting worried for the unsettling boy.So they sat by him.During the ride they both kept an eye on him.(M/n) slowly brought his knees to his chest on his seat as he held his hands over his lips as his eyes were filled with dreaded fear.He could only sit there as his breathing pattern was getting uneven.They all returned but Ukai said he was gonna treat the team.As they were gonna get going (M/n) stopped.The team quickly took noticed.Diachi called out.