[9] - Will You Spike For Me?

Everyone fought hard against Nekoma and the Inter-High Preliminaries we're coming soon.Before that everyone was working hard during practice.After practice,The seniors seemed to be talking about Japan's top three players which led to Ukai talking about the other strong teams to look ahead,Wakutani South,Date Tech,Aoba Johsai and Shiratorizawa.Soon later,Takeda came in with the tournament sheet.It seems Karasuno has to face Date Tech and Aoba Johsai if they make it through.

(M/n) has been thinking lately,over the years since he's been on any volleyball team he's never really played in a real match before.That did scare him quite a bit but most importantly,his potential as a setter seemed to be noticed quite a lot.Though he knows he can't compete with Kageyama inside he always felt happy setting a perfect spike.He hoped even just for a little to maybe at least play setter for a match..though it seemed quite impossible.

-The Next Day-

(M/n) didn't know why but he seemed restless today,he had an itch to...toss.Throughout class he just seemed to toss the air,even Kageyama noticed and smiled.He suggested he give tosses during lunch and that's when (M/n) had an idea.When lunch rang,he went up to the senior floor and to Karasuno's Ace's classroom.He knocked and It caught Asahi's attention.Asahi confused left the classroom to see what (M/n) wanted with him.(M/n) with a smile took a piece of paper with his handwriting on it,Asahi took it and it read.

"Can I give you a few tosses?"

Asahi was kinda taken aback until he remembered (M/n) was a setter.He seemed unsure but (M/n) gave him an encouraging look.Soon with a sigh he walked with (M/n) to the gym.Asahi out of curiosity wanted to ask some things.

"Um...(L/n)-san..Why did you ask me?"

(M/n) looked at him with a confused look,he took out a notebook which Asahi just noticed and with a pen he had wrote.

"Why not?You're our ace!"

Asahi almost blushed in embarrassment but (M/n) didn't mind.However,there just seemed to be something about (M/n) that made Asahi want to get to know him more.So trying to bring up some small talk he asked some questions.

"Well (L/n)-san,you play three positions right?Which is usually your favourite?"

(M/n) seemed to know right away as he wrote with a big smile.

"Honestly speaking,I'd have to say setter..though I don't get to play it much but there is something about setting a perfect toss for a perfect spike gives me the chills.."

Asahi was a bit taken back,he could almost feel the passion radiating off of those few words.(M/n) just simply smiled at him as they soon reached the gym.They changed into their simple volleyball shoes as Asahi was stretching for the spike.While stretching he noticed (M/n) by the end of the court he seemed to be writing something on his notebook.He looked really focused,Asahi felt bad just interrupting him by notifying him he was ready.(M/n) apologized silently as he had Asahi toss to him,Asahi went to jump,he wasn't sure how to since he rarely has been paired with (M/n).(M/n)'s eyes took note of everything,analyzes the way Asahi jumped,his hand movements,his breathing and tossed.Asahi seemed shocked for a second as he saw the ball in front of him,it was perfect.He was able to spike full force as it slammed to the ground.He was shocked,the toss felt good...it was easy yet the force..He turned to (M/n) to find him silently cheering to himself.He seemed to bare a hidden smile as his pumped up his fist.Asahi found it quite cute,he smiled,it's rare for him to see him so happy over a simple toss.(M/n) after silently celebrating quickly run off to get his notebook.This time out of curiosity Asahi followed him.(M/n) noticed and blushed,Asahi was confused so asked.

"What's that?"

(M/n) unsure of what to say so instead he turned to a new page and wrote.

"Some data on how I do my tosses to different people"