"I'm sorry it's just that other things came up recently and I decided to go with a group of friends instead. You understand right?" she says, giving him a light squeeze on his arm. That's a load of bull and she knows it. She ended up being a beta and probably doesn't want to be seen at the dance with an omega as her date. What a bitch. Luckily Luke isn't here yet to hear all of this or he might use this info to spark another fight.

Eli pauses going slightly rigid before completely relaxing and smiling at her as genuinely as possible. "Don't worry, I understand. I hope you have fun with your friends."

"Thanks, I knew you would understand." She gives him a quick hug and skips off to who knows where. Once she's out of sight his shoulders slump down and he looks down, massaging the back of his neck. It must be tough on him to have someone turn you down for something you can't control. But why do I care? That's his problem, I shouldn't even be feeling sorry for him. Ugh whatever, I shouldn't even be staring at him like some creepy weirdo.

Eli suddenly looks up and we lock eyes for moment, his forest green ones looking into my rich blue ones. Usually when I look at them, they're filled with anger or annoyance, but this time their different. They almost look like they're filled with hurt and sadness? What makes this weirder is that I almost want go over there to comfort him, like that's what I NEED to do. I quickly look away and walk off, to go look for my absent-minded friends. I shouldn't be associating myself self with the worries of an omega anyways.

*****

"Hey Gray!" Eli shouts, jogging up to me. This is one of those rare days that I'm walking home without Vic and Luke since they had to head home for their own alpha training. Convenient, since handling Luke's temper around Eli is to much of a headache.

"What do you want?" I ask annoyed and a bit curious as to why he willingly wants to talk to me.

"I'm just going to get to the point, since your usually super dense. Are you ignoring me on purpose?"

I slowly stop walking and turn to face him. Okay full disclosure, I have been ignoring him the past few weeks; unless I have to talk to him for practices or games. This is mostly because having an omega as my rival just looks weird and like I only pick on easy targets. Though a part of me still thinks back to that look he gave me, and I don't like the weird feelings that came with it.

However right now he's back to his usual annoyed expression. I return the same expression to him, "So what if I'm ignoring you. I thought you'd be more thrilled to have me out of your hair."

"Trust me the break is much appreciated, but I know that you wouldn't do something like this for my sake. So, what happened?"

"Nothing. Now go away weirdo, I have to get to the pack house." I turn to leave but he steps in front of me and folds his arms, blocking my path.

"What is with you lately? I know you don't like me but lately you've been avoiding me like the plague. Whether it's in the hallways or at lunch you always leave whenever I'm near; even at practices your acting weird. Are you that mad because I beat Luke in that one on one?"

"No, it's because your annoying. Now leave," I growl, shouldering him out of the way.

He looks really pissed and is about to leave, but then some sort of thought seems to pop up inside his stupid head because he lets out a harsh laugh. "Oh, I get it, you're just giving me pity because Judy turned me down the other day for being an omega."

I sigh, and turn to face him again. "That's not-"

"Well listen good because I'm not saying this again. I. DON'T. NEED. YOUR. PITY. I'm the same person as I was before the results, so DON'T fucking look down on me like I'm some charity case, asshole!" He shoves me hard in the chest.

As my rage starts to grow something bubbles up inside me and, somehow, I already know what it is. It must have been triggered by Eli talking back to me but I don't want to have to use it on him to win an argument. Sadly, instincts get the better of me and without meaning to I use my alpha voice. "LOOK I AM AN ALPHA! I CAN'T HAVE AN OMEGA AS MY RIVAL. NOW KNOW YOUR PLACE AND LEAVE. ME. ALONE!" Eli instantly cowers away from me. Even some people passing by are startled by my outburst. Shit.

He looks at me shocked and shivering all over. I try to reach out to him. "Eli-" He slaps away my hand, still shacking but his shocked expression is now replaced with one filled with rage. "Don't." He straightens up as much as possible and storms off in the other direction. A part of me wants to stop him and apologize, but I bury that feeling deep down and continue my walk to the pack house.

About three fourths of the way there I start to feel a strong ache in my bones. My head hurts and I start to sway slightly while I walk. I can't help but growl at my own body for suddenly feeling sick.

You need to find your father.

I freeze and look around for the source of the voice. Did I hear someone or am I going crazy? It almost sounded like it was in my head-

You're not crazy but yes this is in your head.

Who are you?

Your wolf, and you need to get to the pack house before you end up transforming on this sidewalk.

Now realizing what's happening I quickly start to sprint to the pack house, instantly forgetting about the intense argument with Eli. I can already feel my senses sharpening as I run around the pack house to the backyard where my dad is. I crash into his waiting arms as he barks at nearby pack members to leave the area.

"I right here son, it's okay. Remember to relax and let it happen naturally." He uses his pocket knife to cut off my bookbag and clothes as my transformation starts. My dad told me that it would most likely hurt the first time and he wasn't kidding. I can feel my bones shifting around and fur grow rapidly over my skin. My nails grow longer and sharper, and my skull changes shape. It hurts a lot but I try my best to lie down and relax as the change finishes.

After what feels like hours, I finally open my eyes and see that my dad has already turned into his wolf form. He nudges me up and I stand, wobbling as I get used to my new form and being on four legs. My fur is a golden blonde and I'm pretty sure my eyes are the same blue color but the gold in them would be more prominent, like my dad.

"You're okay," my dad says through the mind link while nuzzling me.

"This is so cool!" I start walking, then trotting, then running full speed around the backyard. Some returning pack members have to move out of the way so I don't run into them, but I'm to excited to care. I run back to my dad and we both give a mighty howl. I'm a WOLF!