Chapter 13

"W-What?"

"I'm going to see if Lisa likes me back."

I thought that I was over him, but I was dead wrong. I was still very much into him. I can't believe that he's going back to Lisa. Is this my time to finally give up?

"Lihua." Tears were threatening to spill from my alert eyes.

"I was joking." My mouth dropped and I felt a tear drop onto my lap. He smiled and embraced me.

"Get off of me dickface!" I helplessly tried shoving him off, but he was relentless.

"I'm sorry, Lihua, I wanted to see how you would respond!" He chuckled, but it didn't help. Obviously.

"How could you do that?!" I hit his chest lightly, tears spilling down my face. What was even going on anymore? I couldn't tell you.

"I'm sorry, Lihua." He said more gently, releasing me. He looked sincere. Why did he joke with me? What was he getting out of it?

"Why did you do that?"

"Like I said, to see how you respond." I wiped away my stupid tears. Why was I always so damn emotional around this guy?

"Why would you care how I responded."

"Because I now know that you care. You like me."

I scoffed and got up. Brushing my hair with my fingers.

"No I don't, asshole." I waltzed out of the room, catching a little amused smirk form on his lips before I left.

~~~

I was tired, I was probably overworking myself, but I knew that I needed to be perfect. I may be a mentor for this show, but I'm still a solo artist. I've been preparing for a comeback for the end of summer, which would come sooner than I could ever imagine.

"Stop overworking yourself."

Xukun walked into the room I was in, seemingly just coming back from a photoshoot as the way he was dressed was a dead give away. His hair was coiffed, a velvet dark blue suit, a Rolex icing his wrist. He looked quite nice.

"Here." He placed an ice pack on my forehead that I didn't even notice that he was holding previously. I shivered at the coldness.

"Your face is bright red. Make sure you don't catch a cold by overworking, okay?"

I slapped his hand away, taking the icepack into my grasp, "Thanks, mom."

He laughed and leaned onto the wall.

"What were you working on?"

"My comeback after this show is over. End of summer."

"Why don't we collaborate?"

"Nahh." I stated bluntly and he gave me a hurt look.

"You wouldn't collaborate with me?"

I laughed, "No, because my fans will fangirl more about you and forget that it's even my own album."

We laughed together, "Well, I already spoke to your management and producers. We are collaborating."

"whAT?" I choked on my spit.

He bursted out laughing, "I'm serious. I wanted to collaborate with you, so I took it into my own hands. When Cai Xukun wants something, he gets it."

I fake vomited, "Never, EVER, refer to yourself in the third person ever again. It's gross." I shivered and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, Loser."

He placed a light peck on my cheek and ran out of the room before I could even react. I'll get him back another time. I evilly chuckled to myself.