PROLOUGE

"Excuse me, Miss?"

I look up from my phone to see a youthful, bubbly teenager peering down at me cutely beneath a stylish white baseball cap. I blinked a couple times, surprised by her analytical gaze.

"Yes?"

"Could you be... Fei Lihua?"

My eyes crinkled immediately and I smiled at the girl.

"What would you do if I said yes?"

She gasped and looked awestruck, she waved her young mother over, "May I please have a picture with you, Lihua!? I'm a huge fan of you!"

I chuckled and waved her closer to me, "say cheese!"

Her mother snapped a pic and she looked over the moon to see her daughter smile so brightly towards the phone.

"So, what is your name, beautiful?" I said gently after the girl unwrapped her thin arms from my body.

"Li Chunhua!"

"What a pretty name! Miss Chunhua, can I ask you do me one favor?" I leaned a little closer, roping her in on a top secret mission only assigned to her.

She looked determined and pumped her hand into the air enthusiastically, "Anything!"

"If you plan on showing that photo to anyone, could you wait for at least one hour? I'm going to be meeting with someone who could attract a very big crowd here if people knew about their location." I winked cheekily, hoping that my fangirl would comply.

She firmly nodded and I sighed in relief.

Her mother bowed in thanks followed up by little Chunhua.

"Thank you so much Lihua! I will remember this forever!"

I chuckled at the charming girl and felt a proud smile blossom over my lips, "The pleasure was mine, Miss Chunhua. Have a great day with your mother."

They both smiled gratefully and walked away together. Interactions like these really makes the online hate tolerable.

"Hey, you."

I spun back to my table to see a good friend slipping into the chair from across the table I sat at, shooting a little grin as he brushed the loose strands from beneath his cap.

"Yah, Yixing! You're over twenty minutes late."

He smiled his famous squishy grin and looked down at the menu instead, completely ignoring my complaints.

"Stop ignoring me, Yixing."

He finally spared me a glance, his small smile never changing, "Wasn't that the point?"

I could only sigh, "Anyways, what's been up with you, Mr, Mentor?"

"Eh, the usual, millions of phone calls, dance practice, variety shows."

"Yah, I get it, you're super popular. What happened to my humble little sheep?"

I faked a little weep into a small napkin to which he only chuckled at my misery.

"He's always been here, just more confident now."

"I get it, I get it. You deserve to gloat to the whole world, Mr. PD."

I finally looked down at my menu to look at what I wanted to order. As I was deciding between entree number 33 and 45, I felt a pair of eyes boring into my poor scalp. I slowly looked up, coming eye to eye with Yixing who calmly examined my ever movement.

"Please say it, the suspense is killing me."

"So, have they told you yet?"

I eyes him warily from top to bottom.

"Uh, who is this, 'they' you are speaking of?"

"iQIYI..."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Maybe he was tired, heck maybe he thinks I'm some other famous singer friend of his.

I shook my head, "As if I would be contacted by iQIYI."

"Hm? But you're gonna be appearing on the new season of the 'Youth With You.'"

I deadpanned and couldn't even begin to comprehend his careless words. He surely doesn't know what he's talking about right now.

"Yixing Gege, I have gotten no such phone call. Are you sure you are not mistaking me for someone else?"

He shrugged and set his menu down, calling the waitress over to take our order. Once we were done with that, I gently folded my hands onto the table and eyed Yixing up and down once again, nerves as chilly as a winter breeze.

"So?"

He burst out laughing, only causing me to groan at his knack for avoiding important subjects.

"What's so funny?!"

He settled down and looked at me joyously, "Ah I have missed you and your cute little personality Lihua."

I blushed at his sudden speech, what is this psycho rambling on about?

"Gege..." I warned with a low hiss.

"Fine, fine, I'll get to the point. Didn't you find it odd that I called you to have lunch so suddenly?"

I sighed, He was right, we don't meet up often, but...

"Gege, I thought that you just wanted to have lunch with me. Was there some ulterior motive to bringing me here?"

"I love having lunch with you, but this particular meet up was so I could tell you personally that you will be a mentor for the upcoming season of 'Youth With You.' Isn't that great news?"

At the moment, I forgot the dumb lead up that it took to get to this point, only shooting him an appalled grin that I swear could reach my ears.

"You will be there as well, right?"

His smile faltered momentarily, "Nah, they got bored of me, so I have been replaced! So saddening, but a little break is nice."

After a little serious debriefing, I got to learn my position there as well as the other mentors. So, if I can remember all of them, it was Ella, Jony J, Cai Xukun, and Lisa...

Wait Lisa...

"Thee Lalisa Manoban?!"

Yixing jumped at my loud reaction.

"Yes?"

I cried in joy and fished my phone out of my pocket to immediately text her.

Yah, Lisa, when were you going to tell me that we are mentoring together?!

I got a reply quickly.

I didn't want to be the bearer of the news. Girl, I am sooooo excited. I can't wait to hang out with my bestie again ❤️

I smiled down at my phone then heard a soft 'ahem.'

"Ah, sorry Gege!"

I pouted at him cutely and he quickly waved me off, forgiving me, "I obviously can't be mad at you. Anyways, how's my little dance prodigy coming along, huh? You're probably nowhere near surpassing me I bet."

I smirked, "Is that a challenge my dear Gege?"

He chuckled, shaking his head a little, "I guess we will see on the new season of 'Youth With You' then."

~~~

Hunnyuwu