Chapter 13: They're here

Tharn's POV

"WHAT?"

"Mom just called me. You have to help me Gulf. Mew must not know about this. And certainly, they must not meet."

"Of course I'm going to help. But how? They're going to be here in 2 days"

"I don't know but we have to make sure that they do not meet"

*****************************************

Days passed and I'm already here in the airport with Gulf waiting to pick my parents up.

"I'm so nervous. I'm meeting my in-laws", Gulf uttered and was obviously nervous

"What are you nervous for? You might want to punch them for me if you can"

"Are you crazy?" , this made Gulf glare at him

I chuckled and waited for few minutes until passengers were already coming out. Good thing I'm tall and I already see my parents with their luggage. With Gulf tailing behind me, I ran up to them and gave them a hug.

"Oh, baby I miss you", Mom caressed me while dad patted my head

"I miss you too, mom, dad", I broke our hug and made way for Gulf, "Gulf, these are my parents. Mom, dad this is Gulf"

"It's nice to finally meet you"

"Sawadee Khrup, I'm Gulf Kanawut. I'll be driving you to your hotel today"

"Thanks, little man", Dad patted Gulf's back and gratefully smiled. As we didn't want to waste any time, we then headed to where Gulf parked his car. And while mom and dad were loading their luggage to the trunk, Gulf whispered to me, "They seem nice. I thought they would be more, I don't know, cold and strict, glaring at me or something", I looked at Gulf whose eyebrows are knitted together in confusion and doubt.

"I know. It confuses me which makes me hate them even more. You wouldn't guess that angel-like parents such as them would disown their own son"

"You're right"

We finished our conversation before my parents would hear it and then headed off to their hotel. While they were checking in, me and Gulf were waiting in the restaurant just across the hotel they were staying at.

"This stresses me out", I let out a sigh with my arms crossed

"You can't say that. They're still your parents"

"I just... I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I mean I love them but I just don't want to see them yet. Truth to be told, I fake it, my smiles."

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since they disowned Mew, I kept thinking about the unfair things they've done, and I feel bad and guilty. And I know I've done something wrong, but don't you think they did too? Even when I was hungry for attention, they still should've been fair with us. And now, it has come to this. Mew must've been really broken", I muttered silently the last part and hung my head low in shame.

"I'm not gonna deny what you said. Even if you were the better twin, Mew should have been given the same attention as yours. But it is what it is and that's the kind of person they are. I know that you're scared to confront your parents about this but just take it slow. If you need anything, I'm right here"

He's right. I am scared. I hate them but I love them. I don't know if that makes sense but even though I want to confront them and even have thoughts of forcing them to apologize, I don't want to be disowned by my own parents. That would be the last thing I want and I don't know how Mew cope us. No. He never did.

"I'm curious. Does your parents know about your relationship?"

"Yeah. My mom and step dad found out. They accidentally found out when they visited us. It was when we decided to live in an apartment. It was embarrassing because we were in an intimate position"

Intimate position? What? I suddenly blushed and instantly Gulf noticed it.

"Crazy. Not like that. We were just hugging incredibly close"

"Oh", I sighed and continued, "And? Did they accepted you?"

It's like Gulf suddenly lost his energy as I saw him frowned, "You don't need to answer m-"

"They didn't."

There was absolute silence until Gulf continued, "It was really hard. They shouted and called Mew names, demanding him to break up with me and they would never accept our relationship. I was scared. I love them but I love Mew too. I don't want him to break up with me, EVER."

"So? How did Mew react?"

"He cried and ran up to the subway and al-"

He suddenly stopped as he must've realized that he said something I should not know. His eyes were widen as his hand covers his mouth.

"J-just.. we waited until they've calm down and eventually they were good with it. They still don't accept but they leave us alone. I guess that's good enough"

He was making up excuses. I know.

But?.... Subway?..

"Gulf knew about it when he saw Mew on the subway. He followed him and saw Mew walking toward the railway when the train was approaching."

I suddenly remembered what Type told me. Don't tell me. Mew tried to kill himself? Did anything happened? I'm sure Gulf ran after him but what really happened?

My tongue is really itching right but I didn't want to ask further because he didn't even know that Type already told me.

"That's good. I'm sure they're going to accept you someday"

Gulf smiled and nodded to me as he picked up the glass of water and gulped it to the last drop.

Just then I saw mom and dad entered the restaurant so I waved to them to catch their attention. We proceeded to order and had a talk. My parents were surprisingly sociable and asked Gulf questions like his degree, his jobs, his parents, etc. Gulf kindly answered their questions and had a smile from the start until the end of our conversation. They were telling stories and commenting how grateful they are to come back in Thailand. I could tell that they love him and even saying that if they had a daughter, they would love Gulf to be their son-in-law. I inwardly scoffed at that comment and thought, "He is your son-in-law"

After our dinner, we walked them up across the street and said our goodbyes.

"I'll see you then Tharn, Gulf"

"Yes, ma'am", Gulf answered politely to mom as she waved at us

"I'm really happy that Tharn has a friend like you, Gulf, helping him and even kind enough to rent in your home"

"Not a problem, sir."

"Tharn is our only son. We don't know what we'll do if something happens to him. We're not even here to be there for him"

That comment suddenly ticked me off. And it looks like it ticked off Gulf too.

"Tharn is an only son? You must really proud of him. Then we'll be off"

Gulf waved and hurriedly walked to his car. I too, walked fast and sat on the passenger seat.

"I didn't know I could be annoyed with that one comment", Gulf uttered while gripping the steering wheel too hard

"Same here"

We tried to calm ourselves down and droved off to the apartment.