Chapter 22: Second chances

"Wha-?", Mew gazed at his boyfriend, wanting some explanation. He then realized that he was on a different place, "Wait. Who's place is this?". He was looking around until he was faced with Tharn who just got out of his room. "Mew", Tharn wrapped his arms around his twin, "Are you feeling okay? Dizzy? Nauseous?", his worried tone echoed in the condo. "Just...", Mew muttered and eyed their parents and after, eyed the floor. "Why don't we go to Dr. Tong for a sec? He'll talk to you for a minute and we'll explain after. How's that sounds?", Tharn's voice was so calm so Mew would not hyperventilate with the sudden turn of events. Meanwhile, his twin was silent for a few seconds before nodding his head. Tharn smiled and looked at Gulf and the others, "Let's go?"

Harry and Grace decided to take a taxi because they were afraid that their presence could make Mew uncomfortable. When they arrived at the hospital, they were fortunate enough that Dr. Tong was there and did not have any patients. The doctor requested to have a private talk with Mew for a little bit and his secretary would inform them when it's okay to go inside his office. They agreed and waited outside.

Meanwhile, between Dr. Tong and Mew, the doctor asked what had happened. Because Mew mention about being in a resort, he too, asked about what happened. He was relieved that it seems that nothing unusual is happening and Mew was too emotionally hurt that he shut himself out. He began to seriously talk about his parents and his condition, although he was being careful, for the fact that he just 'woke up'. Not like his other patients with the same situation who don't believe him and came back with their own world, Mew was rather accepting and understanding.

"So what happened at the resort and everything was all fake? It was all in my head?", Mew asked

"Sadly, yes. I hope you understand tha-"

"I understand", Mew sadly smiled as Dr. Tong observes, "I kind of read articles about this especially when I came back to consult you. I'm just disappointed, I guess"

"I know and I'm glad that you don't have to take a different therapy and sometimes surgery like other patients with the same situation as yours"

"I was curious and kind of getting ready."

"And I'm glad you did. Now, with your parents", Dr. Tong clasped his hands and was observing Mew's reaction. Mew was shocked and was scared about this kind of topic but there were no signs of hyperventilation, there were also no cold sweat and no fidgeting, so he continued.

"I'm sure you're shocked by these events, but I would like to ask you. How do you feel about this?"

" I don't know. It's just different from what I used to. It felt surreal"

"Do you think you are ready?"

"Ready for what?", Mew looked at his doctor confusingly

"Ready to accept them in your life.", the doctor calmly answered, "You may not believe it but it looks like your parents are trying to make things right and fix things with you. Are you okay with it? Do you think you could forgive them?"

It had Mew thinking.

Honestly, he wasn't sure especially when the last thing he remembered was the awful encounter. But because of Tharn, he somehow started to believe in second chances.

"I'd be lying if I said there would be no chance in forgiving them", Mew voiced out and continued, "But I still need time"

Dr. Tong smiled and was proud that Mew's mindset was already changing. He was glad that Mew was not denying his parents. When he heard about what Mew has gone through, he wanted to say sorry on behalf of his parents as what he also felt with his other patients.