TRACK 9

SUNFLOWER, VOL. 6
3:42

______The Inbetween______

June just started. It's getting even hotter in California and Harry can't wear his black jeans anymore. It is just too hot for that. Now, every time he goes out, he wears shorts, or ripped blue jeans. He likes summer, but sometimes it is too hot and he simply just wants to move to Alaska or North pole, or Mars. 

It is also another sunny busy day in Los Angels, where Harry is just opening the flower store. He easily opens the big heavy gate to reveal the garage where the shop is located. After a few, the old lady comes down from her flat above the garage and greets Harry with a smile and a plate of toasts for the curly man. He keeps the plate on the counter and with a smile kisses the old lady on the cheek. He thinks it is very endearing of her to think of his well-being only if it's just a small breakfast plate.

"How are you today, darling," the old lady asks while Harry is checking the flowers.

"I'm good, and how are you?" he looks at her for a small moment and then continues taking care of the lilies.

"I am good. Just a small heart problem quite recently. I am thinking of visiting my doctor sometime this week," Harry looks at her with worried eyes and he immediately straightens up.

"Please do visit your doctor. If it hurts even now I insist you go now, please. I can take care of the store."

"You know what honey, you are right. I am silly, I should have known better and count on you more. If you don't mind, I am going to prepare myself for the visit," she slowly walked back to the door accessing the stairs to her flat a Harry just nodded. He didn't mind being alone here, in the end, the flowers will keep him lovely company.

After the old lady left for the hospital catching a taxi, Harry had the whole store all to himself. It's not like he didn't like the old lady's company, he just likes to be alone. He might be saying he feels good, but it's so far from the truth. He is not feeling sad per se, but he still feels that bittersweet feeling. He feels tired inside.

After he spent a little of his time munching on the toasts, he decided to look into the flowers' water and change it in case of the need. He slowly takes out tulips from the vase and looks inside. The water was somehow clean, but in case he put in some more to make sure they have enough hydration. The hot weather was draining everything around and he couldn't let his flowers die just like that. 

He keeps doing this work until he suddenly stops by the sunflowers. They were beautifully put into the vase just waiting for Harry to pick them out and check the water. He carefully caresses their yellow petals and smiles a little.

He didn't think he would think about Summer today. Actually it was quite a time since he thought about her. He always had a company these weeks - Liam, Zayn, Peter, or Rebecca. Sometimes it seemed like they took turns on him just to keep his mind out of Summer, but Harry really didn't mind. The boys always came with some laddy activities, and Rebecca kept him company in his flat and let his mind relax a little with her girly activities instead. While the boys took him out to drink, invite him over to play some video games, see some car exhibition, or they simply took him to play footie in the park. Rebecca always lets him relax in his own flat, bringing him a bunch of face masks they both use through their nails painting, gossiping about celebrities, and watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians with a take out meal. He loved all of those.

But now, when he is alone, looking at Summer's favourite flowers, he couldn't just not think about her. He remembers how he noticed her small necklace with sunflower hanging there, and how he brought her sunflower on their date by the Hollywood sign.