TRACK 4

LIGHTS UP
2:53
______The Falling______

It's been months since Harry and Summer's morning.

They called it official that morning, and since then they dated full 10 months. They both introduced each other to their friends and family members. They spent a lot of time at Harry's that Summer eventually just left university dorms and moved in. They always had breakfast together - eggs, sometimes bacon and toasts, or when they slept in cereals usually worked too. Every night before going to sleep, Harry always made one container full of fruit for Summer so she had a snack during her school day, and one for himself when he went to the flower store working. Sometimes he did the third container for the old lady.

Harry didn't have many friends, but he introduced Summer to Rebecca, properly this time. And they eventually became very good friends, hanging out even without Harry for girl's nights out. They spent a lot of time in the cafe, mostly during weekend mornings. They chatted there, just them two, or sometimes with Rebecca when she didn't have a lot of work going on.

But as idealistic as it seems, Harry felt empty. The first months were exciting and so loving for him, but now he just felt pushed. In reality, he knew Summer bugged the fact that Harry is not the social type of man she would like him to be. He didn't like to go out that often, he liked quiet and peaceful places so he could write his poems, while Summer wanted night fun in the clubs. He went a few times but mostly tried to avoid it as much as he could, just letting Summer having nights out with Rebecca. He trusted both Summer that she wouldn't do anything stupid and Rebecca that she would take care of Summer.

Harry recently went back to England to see his mum and sister, leaving Summer alone in Los Angeles. When he came back after long two weeks, Summer acted differently. He didn't understand. Suddenly she was not that lovable. During sex, Harry felt the difference, Summer wasn't that passionate as before. He almost felt like she was doing it just because of the relationship commitment. She wouldn't touch him randomly like she used to do. It felt like they were an old married couple without feelings, just trying to work that shit out because that is their duty.

It's late Friday evening and Harry with Summer are just cleaning after their dinner. It's quiet, only a small tv can be heard in the distance and the sound of the dishes being put into the washing machine.

"So, wanna go out?" Summer asks and turns her look to see Harry. Harry frowns his brows and looks at her with a confused face.

"What? No, I can't. I have an English lesson with Jake tonight in about like thirty minutes. I told you that in the morning," he says, little irritated that she forgot again.

"No, you didn't Harry."

"Oh Summer, I sure did. Maybe if you listened to me and not lock yourself out in the fucking bathroom, you would know."

After Harry's final thrusts, he came to his high. Summer was panting quietly, holding onto Harry's arms. He rolled off of her and lied down on his half of the bed. It was early in the morning, and they still had some time before they had to go carry with their day.

"Today's Friday," said Harry. Summer was still quiet. Usually, she would make a conversation going but since Harry came back from England she wasn't really trying anymore. So Harry tried to find her hand and interweave their hands, but when he did Summer just stood up. He signed and looked away from her naked body.

"Jake's tutoring starts again today at 7, just so you know that tonight I'm gonna be busy," Harry stood up too and put on his briefs.

"Okay," was the only thing Summer said before she closed the door to the bathroom. Harry again signed and went to eat the cereals alone yet again.