TRACK 6

FALLING
4:01

______The Falling______

Harry lies in his bed. It's past midnight, the outside is very dark. The lights on the streets died, too. Only one small bedside lamp breaks the pitch darkness in his room. But it can't make the darkness and void in Harry's heart disappear.

He is holding a bottle in his hand. He's been holding them since Summer left. As much as he wants to believe she is not important to him, he just knows she still is. He needs her. He really hates how he grew so dependant on her.

He is still reaching out for her body every morning after his drunken night. When he realises she is not there anymore, he starts to cry. With tear-stained eyes, he gets up and takes a cold shower to get into a little shape for the work in the store. He works quietly in the flower shop, trying to look at least decent for customers, and after work, he just comes straight to his flat and locks himself in the bedroom with few bottles and his own misery.

Rebecca is visiting Harry's quite often. He is not visiting the cafe anymore, he didn't want to meet Summer and the guy again. He felt very betrayed that Summer just brought the guy into the cafe and technically ruined it all. It was supposed to be their cafe and their spot. Only their thing. But she ruined it.

Harry just can't find himself working properly. And Rebecca saw that. That's why she was visiting Harry almost every day, bringing him groceries and cleaning the flat for him. They weren't talking much, but Rebecca understood. She didn't want to pressure him.

Rebecca came to Harry's flat today and brought groceries again.

"Harry, you can't really continue doing this, it's not healthy at all," she sighs and starts to pick up the bottles in the bedroom. The whole room smells like cheap alcohol and Harry's sweat. She loves Harry's smell but now, it's just not that attractive at all. She likes Harry, but now he is just not the Harry she truly likes. She likes the funny, kind, and always positive and mysterious Harry, not this always sad and drunk one. Obviously she is here to support and help him, but she hates to see this side of him. She hates that one woman who did this to him.

"And what am I supposed to do?" Harry asks.

"First of all, you have to stop drinking every night like an alcohol addict," she replies and takes some bottles from the dining table.

"What am I now, Rebecca?" Harry looks hopeless into Rebecca's eyes and she puts down the bag full of bottles instantly. She rushes to sit next to Harry and she gives him a small side hug. He hugs her back and again starts to cry. She can feel his tears on her naked arm, but she doesn't mind at all. She strokes his head and tries to calm him, but Harry just breaks down even more.

"I became someone I don't wanna be around," Harry whispered and Rebecca was really close to crying again. The broken Harry makes her really sad.

"Harry, please. Stop falling. I know it's hard, but you need to realise this is not the end. People come and go. You may loved Summer, but she was not the right one. You can't beat yourself for her or let her ruin your life just like that," she quietly says to Harry, trying to push some sense into the man. It is not healthy to mourn a relationship that was existent for 10 months. She thinks no relationship is worth mourn, especially when it ends when one person is not faithful to another. "She is not worth your tears and misery. She has done such a horrible thing and I understand your sadness fully, that's why I'm here. But please Harry, don't let yourself become a man you don't want to be."

Harry looks up to her. He suddenly feels a strange pull in his heart and his stomach lets out millions of butterflies all around his body. He feels warm and safe in her arms, and it shocks him he didn't realise ages ago.