Bloodstream

Zak's POV
Y/N and I decide we would go to the drive thru for McDonalds and eat in the car in the parking lot.
"This is already so fun" I laughed.
"I know right?" She responded, added by, "I have to ask you, why did you come to Los Angeles?"
"I don't know, I wanted to see you" I answered, seeing her face turn red. Probably just feels embarrassed. "And Darryl too, of course."
"Thank you for coming here, I appreciate it" Y/N said while turning her face away.
"Thank you for having me even though I barely talked about buying the ticket"I say, still trying to make eye contact.
After a few moments of silence, Y/N says, "how about we turn on the radio?" And flips the radio on. We start jamming out to the music and laughing.
I'm so glad I came here.
Y/N's POV
"Is there anything else you want to do before we head home?" I ask, not entirely wanting to go home yet and wanting to enjoy the night with Zak.
"What is there to do around here?" He asked.
"Hmmm, have you ever gone star gazing?" I asked, getting the idea from looking at the sky from out of the window.
"I have maybe once, it was fun, do you know a spot?" Zak asked with that adorable grin on his face.
"Nope" I said sarcastically. "Yes, I do, let's go get my truck instead though so we can sit in the back." I start driving to my house. Zak from this point seemed to be hiding his face like I was earlier. Maybe he has the slightest bit of feelings?
No, I'm probably just embarrassing him. Stop making him uncomfortable.
Time skip to the field after getting the truck and some blankets
Zak and I each had our own fuzzy blanket that we snuggled in as we hopped into the back of the truck and started looking at the stars.
"It's so quiet" Zak whispered, not trying to be too loud to disturb the silence.
"I know right? Should I put the radio on in the truck?" I asked.
"I'll go do it" Zak offered as he hopped out of the back to turn the radio on onto a random station, turned it up a little enough for us to hear, and came back.
After a few ads, the first song to come on was "Bloodstream" by Stateless.
"I'm sorry, do want me to go change it?" Zak asked, making sure I knew he didn't set this up.
"Shhh" I responded, enjoying the song.

"I think I might've inhaled you...
I can feel you behind my eyes...
You've gotten into my bloodstream...
I can feel you flowing in me..."

My body really hates me right now for pulling two all nighters in a row and now staying out late with Zak. I should've gotten a coffee at McDonalds.
Zak's POV
The song and this view makes me just want to tell her right here, right now how I feel... but I know I shouldn't.
It's taking everything in me to just look at the stars and not at her. She's far more beautiful than any sky can ever show me. I've been here for 2 hours and this is already torture trying to not be a flirt.
As the song changes to "Electric" by Alina Baraz, I feel Y/N's head fall on my arm gently, falling asleep.
I'll let her sleep for two more songs and then I'll wake her up I think to myself as I brush her hair out of her face and place it behind her ear.
The songs have started getting louder and louder, but none of them woke her up. Just how tired is she?
Y/N's POV
Zak shakes me a little to wake me up.
"I'm so, so sorry" I gasp, shooting up really fast.
"Don't be, when did you go to bed last night?" Zak asked.
"I uh... I haven't slept in 3 days" I answer shamefully.
"What?? We have to get you to bed" Zak says as he doesn't give me time to react by tugging my arm to get me to go in the truck.
"I'll drive, I remember the way we came" he insisted, "you're too tired."
I hand him the key and sit in the passenger seat.
I guess I fell asleep quickly on the way back because it felt like I had just gotten in the car and am now at my house.
"We're here" Zak says, tapping my shoulder. "It's time for you to go to bed."
"I'll show you your room first" I said as I popped the trunk on the SUV so Zak could get his bag.
We head inside, and Zak's eyes widen.
"Your house is so pretty!" He said in his usual excited voice.
I chuckled, "thank you."
He then proceeded to follow me to where his room was.
"I hope you like it" I say opening the door, revealing the blue themed room for Zak.
"OH MY GOSH, I love it" Zak said running in, "how long did it take you to do this?" He asked, practically jumping up and down like a child.
"Don't worry about that. I'm gonna head to bed, goodnight" I said turning around and walking towards my room.
"Goodnight!!!" Zak yelled, still excited about his room. From down the hall I can just barely hear him yell, "and thank you!"
I only change into pajama shorts and plop myself into bed. Of course, now that I'm in my comfortable bed, I can't sleep.
After about 30 minutes of tossing and turning, I get up, go downstairs to the kitchen, and grab a melatonin pill to help me sleep.
"I told you to go to bed" I hear Zak's voice say up the steps while I take a gulp of water which makes me jump a little from being startled.
"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to startle you! You didn't choke on your water did you?" As he runs down and puts his arm on my shoulder.
After a few coughs I say, "gotcha" and head back upstairs to go to bed as I hear Zak doing his little rage noise. After about 15 minutes, I fall asleep.