Chapter 21

I love how I hate my own book~

~

"D-Dillon?!" I exclaimed in surprise, taking in his presence. "Kali?" He replied in utter shock as well. "Is that you?" I nodded, smiling a bit. He shook his head and nervously laughed. "Everyone thought you were dead after you ran away. And then they found you, I thought i'd never see you again. I'm sorry, I feel like I had a partial part in that." "Well here I am." He smiled. I was just about to continue talking when the teacher interrupted. "Good morning class!" He greeted the room, making his way to the front. A few replies were mumbled before it was silent. "Today we have some new students, could you 3 please stand up and introduce yourselves?" I wobbly stood up in my chair. I was still so shy, the thought of introducing myself to all these strangers while they stared at me made me want to puke. Brent went first, causing half the girls in class to swoon. I forgot about that, I thought bitterly. Brent never told his fans that we were dating. He said I would get hate, so I guess its for the best. Yet still seeing all these girls being in love with him made me sick to my stomach. All of them were much more prettier than me, which made me feel even more self conscious. What if Brent started to like them instead of me? Oh God, my head is messing me up big time. Matt went next, and he got a few stares too considering he was very cute, I must say. But I thought of him nothing more than a good friend. Lastly it was me. "Hi.." I said, looking down to avoid their looks. "I'm Kali." One girl smiled at me, which made me feel a little bit better. Immediately I sat down and the teacher went into a talk about the group projects. He said since we were new he would explain what we had to do and we could all work together, even though it was a 2 person project. "Wait sir!" All of the sudden a voice called out. I twisted around in my seat to see the girl who had smiled at me. She was really beautiful, with long wavy black hair and ocean blue eyes that twinkled even in the poor lighting. "Yes?" He said. "I wasn't here when you gave out partners." "Oh." He said, with an inquisitive look on his face. "Well no problem, you can just partner up with Kali." I froze. What?! I didn't like talking to people I didn't know. I stuttered and acted stupid. I just wanted to do it with Brent and Matt so it would be easier and less embarrassing. "Everyone, please go to your partners." I stood up and shuffled over to where the girl sat. "Hi!" She chirped. I wanted to be mad at her for tearing me away from my friends but she was so nice, how could I be? "Hey.." I replied quietly. "I'm Juliet. And you're Kali right?" I nodded, staring down. "That's a really pretty name." She said. I nodded, never good at small talk. People waved at her as they walked to their partners, and sometimes at me too. She seemed pretty popular around here. "So, what are we doing for the project?"I asked stupidly. She smiled. "We need to pick a poem and do a report on it." We started to discuss ones that we could pick. It turned out both of us like Edgar Allen Poe so we decided on one of his called 'A Dream Within A Dream.' "Okay class!" Mr. Mine called out. "We're about to go so tomorrow submit which poem you are going to be doing. You may now pack up." Juliet and I slung our backpacks over our shoulders. "Hey, do you wanna sit with me at lunch? You can bring your friends too." She said. "Sure." I agreed. "Great, see you soon!" The bell rang and everyone flooded out, I making my way to math in which I had alone. Really.. just great..

.

.

At lunch I wandered into the cafeteria like a lost puppy. I couldn't spy Juliet's table over the crowds of people and I hadn't seen Brent or Matt in the halls either. I slowly decided to go up and get food before searching.  I grabbed what could have been a tuna sandwich, but also looked like a mutant, and put it on my place, grimacing at the other selections. And here I thought the myths of lunch food so vile you could puke was just something you read in books ((lolz)) After grabbing what I think was a out dated carton of milk, I scanned the room for Juliet and soon enough found a table in the middle. Brent and Matt were already there, and jealously began to bubble up in my stomach when I saw him laughing with a pretty girl. It was a table full of chic looking girls and hot guys, most likely the cool table. Though I didn't question it. Juliet was obviously one of those people. And I assumed that Brent and Matt would get pulled up into that tornado, because hey, they are them. So as I made my way to the table, I couldn't have felt more out of place. "Oh hey!" Juliet called. "Kali! Come sit down." I smiled at her and sat in a empty seat beside. "Hey guys, this is Kali." A few people waved, including Dillon who I noticed there, and smiled. Brent held my hand under the table which calmed my nerves. Everyone went back to their original conversations, and I was again invisible. I looked down at my hands and awkwardly sat there. "Hey, wern't you on the news a few months ago?" I froze. I looked up and saw a girl with long curly light blue hair and crystal blue eyes that matched. She was that girl who was talking to Brent. "Um.. yeah." I said, barely above a whisper. "Kali Woods." ((omg guys i forgot her last name and I'm too lazy to go back and check what it is ^-^ Best author ever so mk continue)) "Oh yeah, didn't your dad rape you or something?" She snickered. I blushed. "No.." I said feeling tears threatening to spill. "How embarrassing." I heard one girl whisper followed with giggles. "No." I said louder. "He didn't." She looked away towards her group and stared at me. "Then what did he do?" She shot at me. "He kidnapped me.." I said firmly, though it was nothing to be proud of. She put a hand on my shoulder. "Its okay. I know its shameful, but you don't have to lie." She said, before smirking and laughing. My mouth formed a 'o'. I was shocked. But then I snapped out of it, letting a tear slip down my cheek. "I'm going to go.." I whispered. "Kal-." Juliet started. "No.. its okay." I twisted around to get up when I all of the sudden collided with someone elses tray, allowing all their food to spill over me. There was a silence.  Everyone in the whole room was looking. Everyone. Then it was laughter. "What a loser." The blue haired girl sneered. I ran out of the cafeteria, and I didn't look back.

~

OMF GUYS I UPDATED ILY ALL SO MUCH <3 YASSSS MKMKMKMK SO LIKE ITS NEAR A END BUT LIKE ITS NAWT HMMM IDK DO U LIKE JULIET? DO U HATE THE BLUE HAIRED GIRL WHOS NAME I HAVE NOT YET REVEALED? OH WHALE OF COURSE YOU DO. ANYWAY IMA ((TRYING)) TO UPDATE A LOT MORE SO ITS ALL GOOD B) OKAY THATS ALL IL MK BYE