Chapter One pt.2

Kali's Pov-

I leaned my head against the cool glass of the moving truck. The tree's moved by fast just like my life was. I felt my father looking at me. He sighed. "Your going to have to adjust to our new situation." He said. I gave him a sigh in return. My father shook his head. "You know there ARE some positives." "Like what?" I said fakely (If thats a word) amused. "Well I know your not excatly the most social girl, but now is a new chance to make friends." He attempted. "Dad, I'm no good at making friends, it dosn't matter where I go, I'll always be just a nobody." "Don't say that hun, your fun, amazing, and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend." Your just saying that because you have to, I said to myself. "Infact." He said brightening up, "Our new neighbors have a kid your age!" Great, another person to embaress myself infront of. "I wish I could remember their names." My father went on. "I think their last names were Rivers? Rivera?" I perked up. Could it be who I thought it was. I got out my phone to call Paige. My dad probably thought I wasn't interested and was just getting out my phone so he'd stop talking. But really he probably gave me the best news of my life. 'Hello?' Paige said, anwsering the call. "I think Brent could actually be my neighbor!" I squealed, not even bothering to say 'hello'. She didn't bother to ask how I knew either and got right to it. 'Ok just play it cool, guys don't like fan girls who spaz out.' 'But Paige, you know i'm not good with people.' I heard her shuffle from the other side of the phone. 'Just be yourself and don't freak the freak out, I gotta go, bye girl!' 'Bye!' I said hanging up. Well this is gonna be hard.  

                                                                                 ~~~

I got out of the truck as we arrived at the house. Like my dad had said the other day, it was huge! Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought. 

Brent's Pov-

I looked out of the window as a moving truck pulled into the driveway next door. I totally forgot they were coming today. I heard that they had a girl my age, I just hope she's not a total fan girl, maybe she dosn't even know me at all. Just then I saw a girl get out of the truck. She was beautiful. She had long light brown hair and green eyes that could stand out in any crowd. "Mom!" I yelled, running down the stairs. "What?" She asked from the kitchen. "The new neighbors are here." "Great." She said. "Go over and invite them to dinner tonight." I didn't even bother to act annoyed that I had to go over and ask because both of us knew I was eager to go over there, different reasons maybe. I ran out the door, grabbing my favorite snapback on the way. I walked down the driveway while she was getting a box out of the back. I jogged faster so I could catch her before she walked away. "Hey." I said approching her. She turned around and sorta froze. "Uh- I um." She stuttered. "Hi." She may have been really shy, but at least she didn't tackle me like other girls would. "Yeah, so my family wants to invite you over for dinner tonight. As a welcome to the neighborhood." She nodded. "I'd have to ask my dad, but I'm sure he'd say yes." She grabbed another box. It swayed in her arms and began to fall. I caught the box just before it hit the ground. "Let me help you." I said. She looked embarresed from her clumsiness, which was really nothing. We walked up to the house together, I opened the door for her, like a gentelman would and walked in after her. "Where does this go?" I asked, holding up a box that said 'Kali's things' "Well, I'm not even sure yet since I've never even been in here, but thats a box of my things, by the way, I'm Kali." She said. "I'm Brent, as you probably know." I said. She nodded. Her father came in. "Hello, who are you?" Getting right to it I see. "Oh um, Im Brent Rivera, your neighbor, I came to invite you and Kali to dinner tonight." I said awkwardly. "Sure!" He said happily, shaking my hand. He saw the box in my hand. "Oh right, Kali your room is the last one on the right." She nodded and we both walked up the stairs and down the hall. We opened the door to the room and I was kinda in awe. This room was huge! I could tell she was thinking the same, but she looked a little sad. "Are you okay?" I asked her. She turned to me. "Um yeah, I guess it's a mixture of happiness and sadness." I nodded and put the box down. My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from my mom. 'Where are you?' She had wrote. 'I was helping them un-pack.' A reply came right away. 'Okay, but I need you to come home and get ready for tonight.' I guess she asumed they had said yes. I replyed 'okay' I looked up. Kali was standing there awkwardly. She probably thought I was texting a girlfriend or some shiz. "That was my mom, I have to go but, uh can I see your phone for a minute?" She was hesitant, of course why shouldnt she be. She handed it to me and I put my number in. I waved. "Bye." She said.

A/N Lol this sucked and I can't even use the excuse that its my first fan fic cause its not :/ Anyway sorry its short but yeah so baii! :D