viii.

••

••

"Alright, let's get this shit show on the road," Damon said, getting out of the driver's side seat of my car. I rolled my eyes and exited soon after him, not wanting him to cause a scene. 

We were in the middle of a field with only a small pond and shed in sight. The wet gravel squished against my boots as I made my way in front of Damon to the two standing near a bike.

"Bella, I don't know how many times I have to say this for you to get it through your mind, you're insane," I stated giving the brunette an incredulous look, pleading with my eyes for her not to go through with this.

Jacob let out a small chuckle while Bella only rolled her eyes at me and continued to look down at the bike they had built in front of her.

"And who is this?" Jacob asked, motioning to the tall man beside me. Damon gave him what I assumed was a fake smile, almost taunting him.

"Damon, and you must be puppy chow," He gave a smirk while reaching out to shake his hand. Jacob only gave him a confused look, but shook his outstretched hand anyway.

I brought Damon with me to watch the horror show of Bella trying to ride this death trap.

Bella hoisted herself over onto the bike and looked up at the three of us watching her closely. Her face looked slightly terrified, but determined at the same time. What exactly was she trying to prove here?

"You look scared," Jacob said, stating my exact thoughts. "I'm not," She denied quickly, shaking her head at the accusation.

"Bella I seriously don't want to see you hurt, Charlie would rip me to shreds if he found out I was letting you do this," I argued with her.

"Gen, I got this. Relax," She said, but despite her words to me, it sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than me. "She's gonna kill herself isn't she?" Damon leaned down to whisper to me as Jacob was instructing bella on how to ride the bike.

I elbowed him in the side trying to get him to shut up.  Damon only shook his head at me and continued to watch.

"Gas," Jacob instructed last. Bella flipped a red switch on the bike handle only for the engine to come roaring alive, scaring me a bit at the rudeness of the noise.