ix.

••

••

"Hey Bella, hey Charlie," I greeted the father-daughter duo as I made my way into their kitchen. Charlie just sighed and Bella gave me a small wave. It was the morning after the party. Luckily I had managed to get Bella home without being detected by Charlie.

Bella asked me to come over today and to bring the book with me. I agreed which leads me to now, facing a hungover Bella and the usual grumpy Charlie. I walked over to behind his chair and looked onto the dull screen of his computer. My eyes skimmed over his report.

"Crazy amount of animal attacks lately huh?" I asked the two, my eyes widening as I read the gruesome details of some of the attacks.

My stomach turned and I felt on edge. Not because of the gruesome details, but something didn't sit right with me. There's no way even a bear could do the amount of damage they're reporting on.

I felt my face blanch at the thought of any of my family being hurt by whatever was out there. Bella noticed my nauseated expression and quickly grabbed my arm, pulling me towards her.

"Well dad we're going upstairs now," She quickly dismissed, pulling me up the stairs and towards her room. I sat on top of the bed while Bella sat down in front of her computer and began to type something.

"Something isn't right," I grimaced at my own statement. I could usually swallow the lump of anxiety in my throat but today it was persistent. I looked over to the computer to see Bella reading an old looking report. "What's that?" I question while walking up behind her and taking a look at the computer.

"An old newspaper report from around the early 1930s, there was a thread of mysterious animal attacks here in Forks around the time. Just like what's happening now," She said while she continued to skim through the article. My eyes landed on one of the photos taken of a crime scene.

Police officers stood grim surrounding a white-cloaked body on the grass. Blood surrounded the surrounding grass next to the body. "The cases were never solved and the animal was never found," She said looking back to me. I looked at her for a moment, baffled at the thought of everything repeating itself.

"Do you think?" I cut myself off before I could ask the question. That's absolutely ridiculous, no way. I shook my head and sighed, looking at the image again. I saw a tall figure standing slightly behind one of the trees, it almost looked like another person.

"Zoom in on that," I said quickly to Bella who looked confused but complied. She zoomed in towards the darkened figure. Though it was hard to see through the pixels on the screen I could kind of make out a face. After concentrating for a while on the image I felt my face go paler than it already was. My breath hitched in my throat and a chill went throughout my body.

"I-" I stumbled over my words trying to find the right ones. Bella stood up and looked at me concerned. "The hell is wrong with you?" She asked me quickly looking over my shaking form. I couldn't make myself say anything at the moment, my brain completely frozen like a 2008 windows desktop.