xviii.

My whole life has led up to this moment

Every laugh, every cry, every heartbreak, everything.

I couldn't tell you I'd expected everything that's happened to me since coming to Forks.

I never expected to meet my best friends, to find another family, to fall in love.

Nothing could've ever prepared me for what I'd go through.

But I can't say I regret a moment of it.

I stood in a meadow. The same beautiful meadow Jasper had taken me to.

I wore a beautiful white flowing gown that trailed behind me as I walked. The sun was peeping through the cracks of the weeping willow trees that hung above, the warmth of the sun dancing across my skin. I inhaled the scent of the lilacs deeply.

This was bliss.

"Gen," A soft voice whispered in the distance. I opened my eyes to see Jasper just across the meadow giving me a soft smile.

His blonde curls hanging just in front of his eyes. His skin sparkled as he stood there watching me with loving eyes. I smiled brightly at the sight of him.

I giggled lightly as I ran towards him. As I reached him I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck as he spun me around. I giggled as he placed me back down on the ground.

I looked around at the meadow again, admiring its beauty.

Suddenly clouds began to roll into the sky, making the whole meadow darken.

The lilacs and weeping willows began to rot before my eyes. My eyes widened in horror at the sight. I looked down at my now dirty and ripped dress. I turned around to look at Jasper only to see my worst nightmare. Sam stood before me with a wicked grin on his face.

"I missed you so much," He whispered, coming closer to me. The meadow around us began to burst into flames, like the ones Alice and Emmett had thrown James into. I turn away from Sam to run away but to no avail.

"Pain," I hear him command. I grab my head as it felt it was imploding on itself. My whole body felt like it was on fire. I screamed in agony, begging and pleading for him to stop. "Please!"

••

I sat up quickly holding my chest as I hyperventilated. A cold sweat covered my body as I looked around at my surroundings. I was in the hospital, hooked up to many machines monitoring me. The sound of the heart monitors the only noise in the room.

I looked down to see a hospital gown instead of my white gown. Oh thank god, it was all a dream. But how did I get here? What the hell happened? There were all sorts of IV's and needles taped into my arm. I heard the door to my room open as Jasper entered.

"Gen you're awake," He said gratefully, smiling at me softly.

"Perfect timing. I just went to the cafeteria to get you a warm tea for when you woke up," He walked over to the bed and set the styrofoam cup down on the bedside table. He sat in the chair right next to the bed and grabbed my hand.