x.

The sound of Bella banging onto the old door pulled me out of my thoughts

The sound of Bella banging onto the old door pulled me out of my thoughts. I refocused my attention to the task at hand. I had told her my theory, that I thought the legend of the wolves might actually be true. It might explain a lot, especially Damon's puppy chow jokes.

Billy opened the door, looking up at the two of us, his face grim. "Bella, Genevieve," He greeted, not making a move to invite us inside as he usually did. "I need to see him," She said forcefully. "He's not in,"

"Cut the crap," I snapped, tired of every supernatural entity being so vague, and avoiding things. This took Billy and Bella both by surprise at my tone. Suddenly I saw a figure walk up behind Billy.

"What's the problem Billy?" The voice asked, one I recognized to be Tyler's. I smiled at him, even given the tense situation, it was always good to see him. "Hey Gen," He greets me, giving me a bright smile in return.

"What brings you two?" He asked us both, looking back and forth between Bella and I, probably wondering why it was so tense.

"They came to see Jacob, I just informed them that he's not in," Billy said blankly, wanting us to leave as soon as possible. What the hell was his problem? What did we do? "But he's back there-" Tyler began pointing into the house, until Billy gave him a sharp look that said 'Shut your mouth'.

"I'm sorry I have to see him," Bella says walking in, past Billy and Tyler and ignoring Billy calling out her name to stop.

I stood at the front door awkwardly, looking at the two. Tyler just looked heavily confused, while Billy looked disgruntled. "So uh, how are the twins doing?" I asked, trying to dissolve the tension a bit.

After only a moment Bella comes storming out of the back room where I assumed Jacob to be, her face contorted into one of anger. "Bella what's up?" I asked her, confused as to what happened. She didn't respond and pushed past Tyler, Billy, and I.

Tyler and I follow closely behind to see her storming after a group of boys in the yard. I recognized two of them to be Paul and Sam.

"What the hell did you do?" Bella yelled at Sam, roughly shoving his shoulders. My eyes widened at the sudden escalation.

"Woah Bella what the hell is going on?" I asked, grabbing her shoulder, trying to defuse her anger a bit. I look back at Tyler who wore the same expression as my own, just as confused about what she was angry about. Bella ignored my pleas and continued to yell at the three men who were all very much taller and stronger than she.

It reminded me of a chihuahua trying to fight german shepherds. "What did we do? What did he do? What did he tell you huh?" Paul said, getting closer to Bella's face, returning the same amount of fury.