(18) Café

I woke up on my bathroom tiles and felt very confused. I didn't really remember yesterday. Everything before I reached my apartment was a blurr.
I also couldn't make sense of what happened here. Was I sick? I didn't feel sick anymore. Sure, I still felt like shit but my head wasn't hot anymore and I didn't feel nauseous. I slowly got up and drank a whole bunch of water from the sink.
I looked at my phone and it was still early Thursday morning.
I took a long shower in which I tried to remember what happened but it was all bits and pieces.

After I got dressed, I made myself breakfast and looked at my phone.
Carson and Travis had texted me asking if I was ok and if I was home. Travis had also called me a bazillion times.
I texted Travis that everything was fine but couldn't answer Carson.
I knew that Travis would tell him that I was fine but I couldn't answer for a different reason, that was unknown to me.
I don't know what I was scared of or why I felt uncomfortable when I read his text but I dismissed it. Whatever happened yesterday, I didn't want to happen ever again.

I left my apartment and walked to campus. I entered my class, sat down somewhere in the front and took out my assignment. The same routine as every day. The class started and it was hard for me to concentrate.
By the end of the lecture I felt exhausted and slowly walked up to my professor to turn in my assignment.

After I turned around to leave, I spotted Carson walking in my direction. Our eyes met and I felt a variety of emotions. On the one hand I felt relieved that he was fine but on the other hand my stomach started to turn and I looked away.
I didn't want to talk to him I just wanted to be alone. A lot of memories started to flood my mind and I felt sweat building up on my back and forehead. I felt cold and wet and everything was just... Too much.

I looked up and wasn't standing in the classroom anymore. I was standing next to a cafe on campus. It was small and almost empty. It looked quiet so I quickly sat down at one of the tables and ordered a coffee. I just lost time again. Probably just a few minutes but still. Was this something to worry about?

While I started to over think again I didn't notice the tall man staring at me from the table next to mine.
"Hey are you okay? You look really pale. " I heard a worried voice and slowly looked up. A brown haired man with a worried face and a British accent had scootched over with his chair and was now practically sitting at my table.

"I'm fine sorry! " I quickly answered with a forced grin, ignoring the cold sweat on my forehead.
"Is that so hm? " He asked with an arched brow.
I laughed at his question, which was pretty intruding, considering we had never met before.
"No not really but I don't want to talk about it. I just... I feel very stressed and overwhelmed right now.. " I answered, surprising myself with my honesty.

"Well then we shall speak of it no longer and instead talk about something interesting to keep your mind of things... Me. "
I grinned again, enjoying his confidence and positive personality.
"And who exactly are you? " I asked teasingly.

"Well I of course am William. But my friends call me Wilbur. "