(2) Milkshake

"What? Why? I think we could really fix your grades you shouldn't drop out because you're failing one class! " I exclaimed.
The boy in front of me just started laughing, squinting his eyes and rocking back and forth a little bit. I couldn't help but smile, even though I didn't understand why it was funny.

"I'm not dropping out because of one class. I'm failing every single one! And besides I don't really like college " He answered still smiling.
"Well, I don't like college either. " He looked at me surprised and then smiled. "Well how about I show you something that I like? " I smiled back at him and wondered what he would show me.

We headed out of campus to a small diner I had never seen before. The boy ordered two milkshakes and we sat down next to a window.
Still waiting for our drinks, I tried to break the awkward silence.
"So is king realy your last name? " I asked and the blonde boy smiled once again.
"Yeah it actually is. Weird right? " I just shook my head, "I think it sounds cool. ".
He laughed and looked out the window.

'This might really be my chance at making a friend! I can't blow this! ' I thought to myself, remembering I still didn't know his name.
" So.. what's your first name? "

"Why should I tell you? I don't know yours either!" He looked at me like a child and stuck his tongue out.

I chuckled and answered "Well my name is Anna. Do you maybe want to tell me yours my king? ", I cringed to what I had just said but the boy started wheezing so I joined his laughter.
"My name is carson " He said after a while and I started grinning.
"What's so funny? ", he asked smiling as well.
"Nothing. Nothing I just think it suits you." I answered truthfully.

After a while we got our milkshakes and I questioned carson about his life. He told me he had a sister he was very close with and loving parents. As I suspected he was bullied in high school.

"So what they really bullied you because you liked a video game? That's so dumb!", I said shocked.
Carson just chucked "well it was all kinds of video games as you can see I'm a nerd." He explained while pointing to his glasses, which in my opinion suited him very well.
"So what about you? You been bullied in high school?"

His question made me really nervous even though I wanted to tell him all about the worse years of my life I couldn't. I just had never told anyone about it not even my parents.
So I just laughed, "Haha.. Yeah I was bullied"
"Well, why? You look normal. "
"I don't know I was normal but one day a girl started spreading rumors about me and they never stopped so no one talked to me. "
Carson nodded wisely. "But your friends didn't listen to these rumors did they? "

I couldn't answer his question. Suddenly I felt like I was in high school again wondering what I had done to deserve this. Wondering why my 'friends' suddenly hated me.

Carson noticed I didn't want to answer his question so instead he started telling me about how he has a YouTube channel with almost 100.000 subscribers and how he loves to stream. While he was talking he was gesturing with his hands and arms and I could only watch him and grin.
He just looked so happy talking about all that and I could understand why he wanted to drop out I didn't really have anything I was very passionate about. And suddenly I started feeling very boring around Carson.