(13) pancakes

I woke up in total darkness in a room I didn't recognize. I was laying in a bed still wearing my clothes from yesterday. I patted around the covers to find my phone but with no luck. I stood up and tried to find the light switch, when I stepped on something soft.
"Oh fuck" Made the thing and I screamed in horror while falling back on the bed. The lights came on and a tired looking Carson was standing next to his door, rubbing his arm.

I calmed down and apologized for stepping on him.
"What am I doing here? How did I get in your bed? " I asked while Carson made his way to his window to open the blinds.
There was already light outside and I spotted my phone next to the bed.
"You fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you up. Hope that's ok? ", He asked. I nodded and stretched a little bit.
" So you really slept on the floor huh? "I laughed and he grinned.
He turned the lights of, since there was enough light coming from the window and sat down in his gaming chair.

"So what does the famous streamer Carson do when he has no classes? ", was my genuine question.
"I upload my stream vods or make new content for videos. What do you do when you have no classes? "
The honest answer would be that, I would sit alone in my room and study multiple hours at a time without a break.
And when the evening would come I'd binge watch some idiotic series or play video games.
But I couldn't tell that carson. I didn't want his pity and I wanted him to like me so I just shrugged and mumbled "you know, random stuff. "

Carson looked irritated but nodded.
It was awkwardly silent for a while and neither of us knew what to say.
I wondered if I had overstayed my welcome and decided the best option would be to go home.
"Soo.. I think im gonna head home so you can do your YouTube stuff. Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed, I appreciate it. " "No problem but do you want to have breakfast with us? "
I nodded and we headed down stairs to the kitchen.

Their fridge was practically empty and I laughed at how much they fit the college clichè. I grabbed a cup of flour, 2 table spoons of baking soda and some salt and combined all of it in a bowl.
Traves and Cooper had come into the kitchen and made themselves coffee while they watched me.
I grabbed an egg and beat with a fork, until it was a little foamy and mixed in a 3/4 of milk.
The last step was to combine the two mixtures and set the stove to low heat while I prebbed a pan with some oil.

As the pan was heating up I placed two table spoons of dough on it and formed small circles.
"Oh my god guys! She is MAKING PANCAKES! " Travels shouted and his eyes lit up like stars.
I nodded and served them the first two finished pancakes.
Noah came down stairs as well and also enjoyed the food.
"Well, since you guys let me stay here and stream with you I thought I could make you breakfast. " I said while handing out the next badge.
Carson whispered "awesome" And grabbed some syrup from a high shelve.

The boys enjoyed the pancakes so much that I had to make another round of dough which they also finished. I smiled at Carson and he smiled back. Could this really be my future? I sure hope so.

_____________________________________
Enjoy today's chapter with my very own pancake recipe.
-one cup flour
-2 table spoons baking soda
- a pinch of salt
-3/4 of a cup of milk
-one egg
Combine wet and dry ingredients separate before mixing everything.
Fry on low heat with oil or butter.