(9) #

He smiled at me and answered "no I don't. " Even though he smiled at me while answering, he didn't seem happy. It looked like that question reminded him of something bad that had happened.
I awkwardly started to eat again and locked eyes with Carson. His eyes we're such a soft color but it was difficult to see what color exactly they were. Kind of green or blue. I started at his eyes a little longer before I caught myself and looked away.

"So Carson, do you have a job or something? To pay for your house? "
He smiled and shook his head "I make a lot of money with these streams, more than you'd think. So it's a business I just do it for the money. " He said the last part in a funny sarcastic tone and I joined his laughter.
"What about you? I saw you put some kind of uniform in your bag? "
"Yeah. I work in a small restaurant as a waiter. ", I replied almost becoming red out of embarrassment. Carson was a famous streamer and I was just a waiter.

" Well that's great! Next time we eat, we can just do it at your work so you can multitask. " He grinned at his brilliant idea and I just shook my head while laughing.
After that Carson kept bugging me about where I worked and that he wanted to come with me to my shift. I kept turning him down since I really didn't want him to see me in my stupid uniform serving rude people.

"Come on please. I want to be the rude customer. " He kept pleading. "No way! Besides I really can't loose my job . "
"Fine Anna but please come stream with me after work? "
I wasn't sure what to answer. On the one hand if I continued doing stuff with Carson we'd eventually become friends but on the other hand I'd be at work till 8 and I would need to shower.
"I'm really sorry but I work till late so I don't know if I can make it. " He looked at me with a sad expression "fine but let me at least get your number so I can annoy you at work! "

I laughed at his request and he handed me his phone. I typed in my number and handed it back to him.
"When do you have to leave for work anyway? And more importantly do you get free food?
" I looked at my own phone for the time and replied "I need to leave soon and yeah I get a lot of the food that's left over at the end of the day. " Carson chuckled a 'nice' and I agreed.
After a while it was time for me to leave and Carson accompanied me.

"You always walk everywhere?" I nodded to answer his question.
"Why? "
"Well, for one I don't have a car and I also don't have a drivers license. And it's not like everything is far away. I can basically just walk to school or my Job. "
"Well I don't live near campus " Carson replied and I wondered if he was implying anything. Since I wasn't sure I just laughed and said goodbye to him when we came near my place of work.

I waved while he walked away and got into the building to start my shift.
Before I even got the chance to change I spotted an entitled woman screaming at my coworker about the size of our drinks. I quickly made my way to the employees restroom and changed, ready to face the hells of customer service.