(1) Tutor

The sound of my alarm forced me to open my eyes. I was back in my small apartment just outside the campus.
The sun was already shining and I stretched a little in an effort to wake up, but it didn't help. Slowly I gathered my clothes for the day and stumbled into my shower. After that I was a little more awake and ready to get dressed.
I threw on black jeans and a loose T-shirt, read through my notes for my class and packed my bag, ready to head to campus.

Outside, I put in my headphones and looked through my playlists to find just the right song to start my day. I only noticed the man in front of me, when I walked into him and fell backwards to the ground. I looked up and immediately started to apologize but he didn't even look at me and dismissed it with an 'it's ok', as he walked away.

I felt embarrassed that I walked into him but I also felt sad because I was still invisible. Today was supposed to be different. I got up and continued walking to my class, my face still red from shame.
I entered my class and sat down a few rows behind the front as the class was slowly but surely filling with students.
My proffesor entered and the lecture started.

Sometime later we were dismissed and I started to pack my bag again to leave when my professor stopped me.
"Miss Johnson? " I quickly walked over to him, wondering why he wanted to talk to me.
"You haven't signed up as a tutor correct?" I nodded to answer his question.
"Why is that you have a 99% in this class. You could help another student and earn some money " He looked at me like I had disappointed him.
"Well.. I-I just have never really thought about being a tutor. "
He began smiling and asked "well do you want to become one? " As I simply nodded again, I noticed the boy waiting at the door. He was really tall and had fluffy blonde hair.

"Mr. King! Come down here please I'd like to introduce you to your new tutor"
The boy slowly walked down to us, as I started to panic. I was supposed to tutor right now? I have never even explained anything to anyone besides my parents.

"Well, I have both of your class schedules so how about you guys study today 11am-1 pm and the same tomorrow. If you feel like it you can even get together more often. Are those times alright? "
We both nodded and my proffesor happily clapped his hands together.
I looked at my phone it was almost 11. "You want to go to the library? " I asked the boy and he nodded.

As we made our way to the library I side-eyed him. He was really really tall and kinda looked like an outcast.
'maybe he was bullied.' I thought to myself. Probably because of his name. What kind of name is king anyways? Sounds really strange.

At the library I sat down and took out my notes and books. As I tried to think of a way to start the lesson I heard his voice for the first time.

"We don't really have to do this. I think I'm going to drop out anyway. But we can act like it so you can get the tutoring money if you want"

His voice was surprisingly deep and I needed a moment to comprehend what he had said.