15: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

Start from the beginning

“What are you doing?” His hand runs up and down my arm, pulling my thoughts farther and farther from Logan. As much as I'm glad for the distraction, I don't know this guy and he's not who I want to be comforting me.

“You're shaking.” Is his only response, making me curious. I sneak a glance at his face through my veil of hair and barely manage to restrain my gasp.

Gorgeous was never a word I had thought to use to describe a guy before I met Logan, any other words I could think of to describe him and the guy sitting next to me don't seem to be enough. But even thinking that another guy could compare to Logan makes me feel guilty. He hasn't even been gone an hour and I'm already ogling another guy. What's wrong with me? Looking back at the ground I scoot away from his warmth, shaking his jacket off of my shoulders.

“So, what's got a pretty girl like you sitting on the wet ground crying?” The ground isn't wet, cold as hell but not wet, but I say nothing choosing to ignore his sigh when he wraps his jacket back around me. “I get it, your parents told you not to talk to strangers, right?” He mumbles something else that sounds a lot like 'Wish my parents had taught me that,' but he says it so low that I'm not sure.

“Can you go bug someone else?” The annoyance in my voice surprises us both, after all its not like its his fault that Logan decided he didn't want me. “Sorry.”

“Nah, don't apologize. Mum always said I could annoy someone to death within a matter of minutes. My name's Maddox, I'm 19, a freshman in college, and I have to say that whoever has got you bawling your eyes out is a complete moron.” My lips ache to smile at him, eyes begging for just one more look, but I ignore the urges. He's not Logan, he's not the one I want to be sitting by, talking to, he's just not the person I want to be with right now.

But despite how much I wish he were someone else I shake his hand and manage to mutter my name, “Lexi.” From the corner of my eye I see him smile, sporting a set of dimples that would make any girl swoon. Any girl but me.

“Cute, name. Now you wanna talk about what's got you all upset?” There's hope in his voice, something that makes no sense to me. Why would he be hoping to hear my sob story?

“I'd rather not.” If I talk about it I know I'll start crying again and if I'm crying when Harley gets here then there's no telling what she'll do. Or to who.

“Alright then, we can just sit here and watch the cars go by. Unless you want me to leave you alone?”

“No, you can stay.” Why did I say that? For all I know this guy could be some kind of insane serial killer, I should be telling him to leave. But I want his company, any company really, it takes my mind off why I'm sitting on the cold ground, trying to banish my tears. “He left.” I don't know what possessed me to say it, but before I could reconsider the words were out.

“Who left?” When I look up his forest green eyes are watching me, as if they can see right down to my soul. That should make me feel uneasy, shouldn't it?

“L-My boyfriend.” I can't tell him his name, saying it hurts too much and what would I do if he put together that Logan is my teacher? “He kept saying, over and over, that he wouldn't and the he just up and leaves.” The tears fall at full force and I don't eve realize that I'm shaking until he wraps me in his arms.

“Shh, shh. It'll be okay, come one it'll be alright.” The sound and tone of his voice almost makes me believe him, but how could he possibly know?

I shake my head against his chest. “No it won't, he's gone and now I have nowhere to go.”

His hands frame my face, pulling back enough so that he can look me in the eye. “Sure you do, you can go home. Hell, I'll even give you a ride if you need one.”