Breathe

Derek's POV

I don't know why but I waited. I was standing there waiting for Stiles to get dressed. "Are you okay?" A hand was being waved in front of me and I nodded. Sometimes I really hate having brothers. "Don't take it personal...I'm sorry." I couldn't help it. It was like I needed to make him smell like me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head against his neck. I could hear his heart speed up but it went back to normal. I had the urge to just reach up and run my fingers through his hair. I was already hugging him so I had nothing to lose. I heard a small sigh come from his lips.

"Not to ask for a big favor but the nurse said I needed my pain to be taken from me so I can heal faster." He didn't speak loud. It was just above a whisper I nodded slightly. I didn't want to pull my head off his chest so I continued to run my fingers through his hair. I closed my eyes as I stated to take his pain. I breathed in a deep breath and caught the faint smell of his scent. Lavender and rose? No that doesn't sound right. "Derek your claws are a bit uncomfortable." He was right but I couldn't help it. I could feel my teeth poking out of my lips. The urge to bite him suddenly appeared and was growing by the second. I started leaving a trail of kisses from his neck to his collar bone.

"Alright that's enough scent marking. I'm pretty sure this is going too far." His breath hitched in his throat. I couldn't help it..my teeth brushed against his skin gently. "Please stop." He's right, I closed my eyes to focus on trying to shift back. "I'm sorry I'm having trouble s-shifting back." I didn't want to open my eyes. They're we're still pretty new and still..well, ugly. I stepped back from him and turned around. Deep breaths "Do you need help..or something?" Stiles sounded slightly worried but I didn't care. I need to shift back before I open my eyes. I could hear my uncles voice in my head 'repeat it. What are the three ranks?' Alpha, Beta, Omega. A-alpha, Beta, Omega.

The feeling of a hand touching my shoulder stopped me. "You're okay. Just close your eyes and focus on something or someone." Stiles was trying to calm me down but all I could think about was his hand on my shoulder. Not good to think of- "Hey look it worked!" I opened my eyes and looked down at my hands. No claws or anything...it really did work. "Thank you." I smiled at him. I was really grateful for his help. Even if it was just with a simple touch. I watched as he turned towards his closet. Honestly, I completely forgot that he was almost naked. That's my que to leave. I walked out of his room with a sigh.

Not being able to shift is getting really annoying. "Derek come to the kitchen!" I heard my mom yelling for me so I went to her. I honestly wasn't sure what she wanted. I didn't do anything wrong, "Yes?" She pointed to stairs "You know I'm aware of the activities that go on in this house, right?" My mom smiled at me sweetly. I wasn't too sure if she knew about what just happened but I could feel my face heat up. "Right?" It came out more like a question but I couldn't change that. "Now, I understand that Damon would try to scent mark Stiles. He's weird..and seems to be attracted to the wrong people. However, I wasn't expecting you to do it." At the mention of me marking I stiffened.

I didn't know what to say to her! 'Oh I just felt like I had to no big deal.' That wouldn't work I don't even know why wolves scent mark. "Why do we scent mark?" The question slipped out of my mouth before I even realized that I said it. "We scent mark to make other wolves back off. Scent marking is like letting other know you have a certain 'interest' in a person." My mom held up air quotes when she said interest. "So like when they want to date or something?" I wish I knew more about all of this. I wouldn't need to ask so many questions. "Yes or a potential mate, but your wolf knows who your mate is. Damon might just want Stiles for something else." I watched as my moms nose scrunched up at the thought of Damon and Stiles.

"So what happens if Damon feels like biting Stiles while scent marking?" Might as well ask since we're on the topic of Damon and Stiles. "No, that sounds impossible...don't mention it again. No more 'what if's' okay?" I just nodded at her. No answer means I'll never know what me wanting to bite him means. "Do you think Isaac wants to have sex with Stiles?" As soon as that question left my mouth I slapped a hand over it. What's wrong with me? "No I don't, you could've just asked." My head shot to the side to see Isaac standing by the stairs.

Why do I always fuck myself over? I coughed awkwardly and nodded. "Um good to know?" I was questioning my whole existence at this point. If It wasn't for a slight squeak from up stairs I would have stayed in this weird situation. I quickly walked upstairs to see what was happening. The noises died down but I caught a scent of frustration. Only problem is trying to figure out which kind. I heard a slight bang to my left so I followed the noise. It wasn't until I rounded the corner that I saw something I wish I never did.