「 ' ♡ 27. - TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM. 」

CHAPTER 027

" to know him is to love him "

The way Theo chose to walk through the world for the next few days caused an ever-growing pit to form in her stomach

The way Theo chose to walk through the world for the next few days caused an ever-growing pit to form in her stomach. She was on edge; the hair on the back of her neck and her forearms was constantly standing on ends.

In a city of thousands, it seemed like all eyes were on her. Where were her friends? Why was no one -- other than Paul, of all people -- standing alongside her?

Paul. The name brought a peace to her. If she was going to have only one person on her side, it was a good thing that she had Paul. Despite the muddled-up grey clouds that threatened the skies above their bond, it was nice to know that the sunshine could still seep through.

They could be okay; she would be okay.

Right?

Theo sure hoped so, because she knew that she was a lot of things, but unbreakable wasn't one of them.

**

When Mick had texted her, asking to meet up with her, the girl jumped at the chance. Surely, he'd have something to say? Maybe he'd even be able to give her names as to who was saying what. She wanted to know that, out of all the people in the world, her boyfriend was on her side, too.

Mick was a good guy; he was on her side. Those blue eyes of his didn't gleam with anything less than truth.

Theo was swimming in them when they met up at the park, sitting on the swings and looking at one another.

Mick didn't stop frowning, sighing a few times and scanning her face for something he couldn't find. If she could hear his heart race, it was rather embarrassing the way that it was pounding against his ribcage.

"Mick, are you alright?" she asked, noticing the way that he was sweating bullets.

Mick shook his head.

"No. I haven't been able to sleep." he explained.

Theo reached out to grab hold of his hand.

"You either?"

Mick shook his head, looking down at the ground. When his eyes met hers again, they were a deep shade of blue. He was angry.

"People really think they can run their mouths about things they know nothing about, huh?" he was ashen.

Theo ran a hand through his hair, trying to comfort him. She'd been angry, she'd been hurt, but now she was just forlorn about the fact that this was affecting Mick in the way that it was. Who were these losers to think that they could storm into her life and mess everything up?