「 ' ♡ 08. - CONSTELLATIONS. 」

CHAPTER 008

" constellations "

Theodora might have been drunk, but she wasn't stupidly so

She knew that if she ventured inside her house in her current state, her mother would find out that she'd been drinking and then, most likely, end up on the 11 o'clock news.

Paul decided to take her back to his house. It wasn't a big deal, they practically lived at each other's homes, but Paul was a bit weary of bringing in a swaying and singing Theo at this time of the night (well, morning, technically).

Long story short, they ended up on the roof.

Only being able to see the shadows of the constellations was discouraging to Paul. He huffed to himself, hoping the girl beside him wouldn't notice.

For once, she couldn't sense his odd mood. Thank god for the booze.

"Paulie," she slurred, turning to him and giggling at nothing. "You're n-not angry at me, are ya?"

He scrunched his eyebrows together. "Why would I be?"

Shrugging sloppily, the girl explained herself. "I made ya leave the party."

"Don't worry, I would have left on my own." Paul scoffed.

Taking silence from her as his cue to continue his hunt for the stars, Paul tried to find the Big Dipper. It was easier said than done.

Man, fuck light pollution, he thought. Let me see the stupid stars.

This was nice. The air wasn't too cold, nor too warm. Paul could see the sky on the horizon turning a shade of orange, signaling the sun's inevitable arrival back to the world of Liverpool. He had an old tune stuck in his head and, as he felt Theo rest her head on his shoulder, he began to hum to himself while scanning for stars.

The seconds of silence soon turned into minutes and, while he usually welcomed the quiet like an old friend, the sound of Theo's voice (even when she was drunk) was like heaven to him.

"Theo?"

When he turned to glance at her, he found out why she didn't reply.

She was out cold. 

Every so often, she'd let out little snores and that (along with the way her face was scrunched up -- her reddened cheeks and smeared makeup making her look something like a mix between Alice Cooper and Elmo) had Paul wishing he could move to get his phone out of his pocket without waking her up.

"Theo." he nudged her, causing her to open her eyes and snort a little.

"Is Barney here yet?" she babbled.

"Theo, why don't you go inside?" Paul looked from her back to his room, perched on the top of his house, where the light glowed a deep orange much like the rising sun.

"Yeah. Good idea." she slurred, struggling to stand up on shaky legs. 

When she found her footing, she left.

As soon as she had gotten safely inside (and he'd made sure of it at least four times), Paul took a deep breath and finally, freely let out his emotions.

"I'M IN LOVE WITH THEODORA EMBRY!"

Funny how he could shout it from the rooftops, but not say it to her face.

well gosh diddly darn im emo as heck now. these two rip out my heart

if you want to read a happy story by me ,,,, um ,,,

i don't think I have one sorry

xoxo