「 ' ♡ 21. - THIS MUST BE MY DREAM. 」

CHAPTER 021

" this must be my dream "

Theo didn't know why Paul was slurring his words, but the two of them had always been kind of like magnets

Theo didn't know why Paul was slurring his words, but the two of them had always been kind of like magnets. They couldn't stay apart -- it was physically impossible. If they were apart for more than a few weeks, the both of them felt a peculiar pain twinging below their rib cage.

Something was missing. It wasn't right. Nothing felt right when they were apart.

Especially not in the current situation.

"Paul?"

Theo hated seeing Paul like this. He was a mess.

"Theo -- oh my God. Are you okay?" he was not a sloppy drunk right now, he was not.

(Yes, he was. Don't let Theo know).

"Why are you out here?" the girl was adamant about not answering his question.

She was still mad, and rightly so. Paul did not deserve to know how she was. She just -- she didn't know why she was here, but it felt normal. Sometimes, it was easy to get lost in the myriad of feelings that were floating around in her head and had been every time she'd looked at Paul ever since the age of eight.

All roads led to Paul's house, and thankfully he wasn't screaming at her. However, it was hard to believe that he could scream given the current state he was in.

Paul didn't have much pride, but he had enough not to let Theo know that Linda had left him in the lurch.

"Doesn't matter." he slurred.

He felt an angry blush break out high on his cheeks. Theo noticed it and, for once, ignored the pounding in her chest. God, this boy was beautiful but she remembered how angry she was. How angry she had the right to be. Theo had a hard time admitting when she was wrong, but not this time.

She couldn't dwell too much on the anger, because it had the possibility of killing her. It would bubble up and kill her like cyanide.

Theo wanted nothing more than to take Paul out with that poison, but her mother's words of wisdom rang true in her ears.

Kill them with kindness.

Besides, Theo still cared about Paul. Like the magnetic attraction between the two of them, she couldn't ignore the fact that she still ached for him. The fact that he hadn't kicked her off of his property proved that he still cared about her, too.