「 ' ♡ 17. - IDEA OF FREEDOM. 」

CHAPTER 017

" idea of freedom "

There was something so mundane about shopping that even the mere mention of the word was enough to make Paul want to rip his own hair out

There was something so mundane about shopping that even the mere mention of the word was enough to make Paul want to rip his own hair out. If he wasn't out with Mike and looking for something to get their Nan, Paul probably would have stayed in bed watching Riverdale or whatever else was in his Netflix queue.

(Come to think of it, he loved his Nan but he missed the warmth of his bed).

As if he could read his older brother's mind, Mike scrunched his nose at Paul.

"What?" the hazel-eyed boy asked, blinking blindly to the situation.

Mike replied. "I don't know. I just don't trust whatever you're thinking."

Paul pushed his little brother away. "You're such a loser."

"Am not! You've got your thinking face on and I just, well, I know I don't trust it." the smaller McCartney decided.

"How come?"

"Dunno. You've got kind of a shady face."

Paul laughed.

"Alright, Mike. Whatever you say."

They walked in time for a little while, looking at the different shops and walks of life that were in the mall along with them. There were kids running around, driving their parents bonkers. There were also the typical elderly people, in their pastel-colored tracksuits, getting their daily cardio in.

Paul liked the mall.

He didn't have to like shopping to like the mall. He could appreciate the people inside it without having to like the act they were all partaking in.

Mike grabbed his shoulder and shook it, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Hey, isn't that Theo's boyfriend? The one with the greasy brown hair?"

The mention of Theo's name was enough to snap Paul out of the half-dream, half-reality world he'd been in and into the present. Sure enough, there was Mick, walking around with a giant pretzel in his hand and a smirk on his face.

He was coming right towards Paul and Mike. Yikes. This would spell disaster, surely.

"Hello, McCartney." Mick nodded at Paul, and then nodded at Mike, "and little McCartney."